• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

10 years ago...

Pujols4MVP

August 21st 2007.

Oh how i miss those days. Pounding the Yankees a new one every time they came to town.

Is it just me or did whenever Physioc brought up a bad stat on someone they would suddenly do really well ? backwards Jinx.

The previous game that year Ryan Budde hit a walkoff single to win it for the Angels, Yankee fans everywhere were raging about it that some backup to the backup catcher from AAA hit a walkoff hit against them while being completely ineffective against every other team.

7 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

That was on my birthday, and I took a good friend of mine who's a big Yankees fan to the game.  I had a good day; he did not. :)

(EDIT: Just looked up the boxscore.  I have no recollection of someone named Marcus Gwyn getting a 3-inning-long save in that game.  Wow...)

happy belated b'day.  

20 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

That was on my birthday, and I took a good friend of mine who's a big Yankees fan to the game.  I had a good day; he did not. :)

(EDIT: Just looked up the boxscore.  I have no recollection of someone named Marcus Gwyn getting a 3-inning-long save in that game.  Wow...)

What was funny was the Yankees had this rookie reliever Edwar Ramirez who kept throwing his change up over & over with even Phys pointing it out & then GA just waits for the Change up & hits it out. I wonder if Edwar ever figured it out his changeup was predictable.

5 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What was funny was the Yankees had this rookie reliever Edwar Ramirez who kept throwing his change up over & over with even Phys pointing it out & then GA just waits for the Change up & hits it out. I wonder if Edwar ever figured it out his changeup was predictable.

His career ERA in the bigs was 5.19, and he actually got worse when he ended up in foreign leagues--so I'm gonna go with "no." :)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=ramire001edw

19 hours ago, halodground said:

GA was always under appreciated here and probably by Angels fans in general.  Instead of seeing him as smooth everyone seemed to see him as lazy.  Top 5 Angel position player in my book.

Totally agree. I was always a bigger GA fan than salmon, merely because nobody else seemed to be.

He was knocked for not walking, and it was the era of everyone getting on board with OBP. No counting stats. And as much as I too agree with that argument, there was still something to love about peak GA, who was a guaranteed circa .300/30/100. With tons of doubles.

18 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

His career ERA in the bigs was 5.19, and he actually got worse when he ended up in foreign leagues--so I'm gonna go with "no." :)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=ramire001edw

Nice, so he was basicly a 1 trick pony with 1 pitch. I wish he'd try a comeback with the Yankees so that the next time the Yankees come to town fun things will happen :)

GA, Howie and Santana might be the three most under appreciated Angels of the last 30 years.  I can tell you that I didn't care of Ervin, but he would have helped a ton over the last 5 years.  He is a guy that had a really bad contract year.  His ERA+ that year was a 74, to put that in perspective, Jered Weaver's last year here was a 79.  So he was really, really bad.  The Angels had a $12 million option on him, and instead of paying it, they traded him to KC.