• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

• Yes..he's done more with less and has exceeded expectations.
    • No...he's a idiot with a talent laden team that should go to the WS.
    • Yes..I'm a Scioscia nutswinger.
    • No...I hate Scioscia.
    • No opinion.

One can't deny how together as a team they are.   To lose 3 crushing walkoff games and an 8th inning crusher, in the span of 3-4 weeks, and still go 15-6 after the sweep by the Indians left them at 49-54...

Not that Scioscia doesn't have his warts, but inability at keeping a team together in adversity is certainly not one of them.

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

IMG_2710.JPG

AM - "man, he's going to have us in the playoff hunt with this team, i can just tell."

Mrs. M - "I hate sweaty baseball men. I wish I was back on my boat with Rico. He sure knows how to clean the barnacles off my hull, if you know what I mean."

MS - "I wonder where I put that 2-for-1 coupon for Luigi's?"

23 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Was that not valid? State your case.

An entire starting rotation  injured and down to like its 10 or 12th options and a bullpen made up of castoffs in the top 5-ish of the league pitching staffs is not in my estimation under performing
I mean offensively sure, but we also played most of the first half with Espinosa/Valbuena in the every day lineup, they have been or were about as expected.  Its no coincidence to me the team picked up with Cron/Cowart in there everyday, well almost, lol 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

One can't deny how together as a team they are.   To lose 3 crushing walkoff games and an 8th inning crusher, in the span of 3-4 weeks, and still go 15-6 after the sweep by the Indians left them at 49-54...

Not that Scioscia doesn't have his warts, but inability at keeping a team together in adversity is certainly not one of them.

Come on.  The players win without any impact from the manager.  The only time the manager impacts the game is when he screws up the players.

27 minutes ago, floplag said:

An entire starting rotation  injured and down to like its 10 or 12th options and a bullpen made up of castoffs in the top 5-ish of the league pitching staffs is not in my estimation under performing
I mean offensively sure, but we also played most of the first half with Espinosa/Valbuena in the every day lineup, they have been or were about as expected.  Its no coincidence to me the team picked up with Cron/Cowart in there everyday, well almost, lol 

No, Espinosa and Valbuena have/had not performed as expected.  They've both hit 30-60 points below what was expected. Cron started far worse than expected.  Escobar and Calhoun are hitting 30 points less than last year.  I'd say the offense under performed big time.  

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Scioscia could be a Nazi sympathizer and you would still be shlobbing his knob on the daily.

Youvobviousky don't read.  I have posted many times criticizing the platoon of Cowart.  Plus Scioscia can find a cure to cancer and you will still think he sucks 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, Espinosa and Valbuena have/had not performed as expected.  They've both hit 30-60 points below what was expected. Cron started far worse than expected.  Escobar and Calhoun are hitting 30 points less than last year.  I'd say the offense under performed big time.  

The original comment was "roster of mostly crappy underperformers, i stand by my comments as the pitching staff has MORE than made up for that and has far exceeded expectations.   I would easily argue more over than under considering even Trout and Simmons are over expectations.  But hey lets give him credit for that too i guess. 

Just now, floplag said:

The original comment was "roster of mostly crappy underperformers, i stand by my comments as the pitching staff has MORE than made up for that and has far exceeded expectations.   I would easily argue more over than under considering even Trout and Simmons are over expectations.  But hey lets give him credit for that too i guess. 

Who's giving credit to the manager for Trout or Simmons?  That's as dumb as blaming him for Espinosa and Valbuena.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Who's giving credit to the manager for Trout or Simmons?  That's as dumb as blaming him for Espinosa and Valbuena.  

Thats what you got from the reply, really?   Ignore the content and focus on the sarcasm?  lol, just lol   You give him all the credit you want, ill pass. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Thats what you got from the reply, really?   Ignore the content and focus on the sarcasm?  lol, just lol   You give him all the credit you want, ill pass. 

No what I took from it is you think more people over performed than under performed.  Which I disagree with but I simply focused on the offense.  I guess I could throw some lol's to pretend to make a more valid point.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No what I took from it is you think more people over performed than under performed.  Which I disagree with but I simply focused on the offense.  I guess I could throw some lol's to pretend to make a more valid point.  

or just facts, that would be a nice change of pace.  or dont, i dont care anymore your going to give him credit for the eclipse at this rate, im over it 

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thanks for replying before I could Strad. I would of course add Albert as a serious under performer offensively.

As far as the starting pitching goes, the only starter with an ERA under 4 is Bidwell and he doesn't have enough innings to qualify so under performing starters.

The BP along with Trout and Simmons have over performed.

To be in the WC chase at this point is amazing to me.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Over performers:

JC Ramirez

Bridwell

Parker

Petit

Trout

Simmons

under performers:

Valbuena

Escobar

Espinosa

Kole

Nolasco

Chavez

Shoe- before injury

Albert

Injured:

the rest of those assholes

Nolasco and Chavez are not, thats silly.  
Noalsco is in line with previous years, and down from his 2014/2015 ERAs, you didnt really think you were getting a 3 ERA guy there did you?  
Same with Ramirez his overall ERA is the lowest its been in 3 seasons, again i hope you didnt expect that small cup of coffee was what he was?  
As for the rest its cute how you cherry picked certain parts, but like i said im sure Sven gets all the good credit and none of the bad in all cases as he is the genius of geniuses.  
Note:  all lols removed to avoid distraction.  Except this one, ooops.