• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game Day Thread: Angels @ Mariners 8/13

Ochocinco!

52 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Why not just send Cowart down if they aren't going to play him. Seriously Scioscia is so stupid... he sure knows how to waste talent on the bench 

Sosh has managed this team I to a wild card contention which is a minor miracle.  However I can't argue what he is doing to Cowart.  If not mistaken this will be the 5th time in the last 9 names he wasn't in the starting lineup.  No wonder he has started to struggle at the plate!

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Sosh has managed this team I to a wild card contention which is a minor miracle.  However I can't argue what he is doing to Cowart.  If not mistaken this will be the 5th time in the last 9 names he wasn't in the starting lineup.  No wonder he has started to struggle at the plate!

He did this with Cron earlier in the season and Cron struggled. It wasn't until he got regular AB that he got hot at the plate.

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Why not just send Cowart down if they aren't going to play him. Seriously Scioscia is so stupid... he sure knows how to waste talent on the bench 

Cowart's being put in a position where he's more likely to fail, and then when he does fail, it's being used as further justification to keep putting him in those positions. He was batting over .400, missed one game with an injury, then came back and went 0-3 in a game where the team scored 0 runs, and then was promptly platooned, which has coincided directly with his slump. 

8 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Cowart has been playing about two-thirds of the time. He's NOT not playing. However, Cowart is definitely NOT HITTING.

Bull shit!  Look up the game logs.  Cowart has not started in 5 of the last 9 games.  His slump directly correlates with his eraditic playing time.

I am as a big fan of Scioscia as there is on this board.  However his handling of Cowart is terrible.

15 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Bull shit!  Look up the game logs.  Cowart has not started in 5 of the last 9 games.  His slump directly correlates with his eraditic playing time.

I am as a big fan of Scioscia as there is on this board.  However his handling of Cowart is terrible.

No use arguing with eligrba4ever he was not a fan of Cowart from the start and using the inconsistent AB argument won't fly with him. He must feel vindicated now. He was the same way with Cron earlier when Cron was being platooned.

12 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Cowart is getting plenty of AB's ... he needs to preform when asked. The team is in the WC race and now isn't the time to coddle him. He's 1-19 recently but is still a very important piece on the team. 

Danny Espinosa got 239 consistent at bats before Eppler, not Scioscia, removed him.....and that was during this WC race.  If Espinosa was still on the team, I would expect him to still be playing because of Scioscia.....not really for any other reason.  Cowart deserves the same consideration.......

Troll Daddy response: But Cowart has no record of being able to play at major league level and does not deserve the same consideration as a veteran.

Answer: Espinosa's career batting avg was .221 with a .209 avg in 2016.  Neither statistic supports that such a player should be a full time player, except in the eyes of Scioscia.

Troll Daddy response: Espinosa was a terrific defensive 2B and helped with run prevention which offsets his offensive liabilities.

Answer: Cowart looks just as capable as Espinosa at 2B, and can also play a terrific 3B.

28 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Danny Espinosa got 239 consistent at bats before Eppler, not Scioscia, removed him.....and that was during this WC race.  If Espinosa was still on the team, I would expect him to still be playing because of Scioscia.....not really for any other reason.  Cowart deserves the same consideration.......

Troll Daddy response: But Cowart has no record of being able to play at major league level and does not deserve the same consideration as a veteran.

Answer: Espinosa's career batting avg was .221 with a .209 avg in 2016.  Neither statistic supports that such a player should be a full time player, except in the eyes of Scioscia.

Troll Daddy response: Espinosa was a terrific defensive 2B and helped with run prevention which offsets his offensive liabilities.

Answer: Cowart looks just as capable as Espinosa at 2B, and can also play a terrific 3B.

Espinosa was being platooned before being released.  So it's unfair to say Scioscia would still give him playing time.

However you overall post is valid.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Santana is doing his best to help his old team out. He had a 4 run lead and has given 3 back and loaded the bases for the second time in 2 innings with 2 pass balls, a wild pitch and HBP, an error. While I've been writing this there was another pass ball and the game is tied at 4. Inning over.

Yeah I am worried more about kc and minn the most beings they play white sox and tigers a lot rest of way. Absolute joke of pitching on those 2 teams.

36 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Why would Cowart deserve the same consideration as a veteran? Eppler traded a player and paid Espinoza $5M to play second base. Blaming Scioscia for Espinoza's playing time is foolish. I think blaming Eppler for his playing time would be more accurate.

FYI Escobar will not lose his job to Cowart this season ... like it or not

Please don't bring my name up in a conversation if you don't like my answer.