• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climate Change Horror Stories

Germany begins dismantling wind farm for coal

German energy giant RWE has begun dismantling a wind farm to make way for a further expansion of an open-pit lignite coal mine in the Western region of North Rhine Westphalia.

https://notthebee.com/article/what-a-headline-germany-is-dismantling-wind-farms-so-it-can-expand-a-coal-mine-after-it-shut-its-nuclear-reactors-down

39 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Germany begins dismantling wind farm for coal

German energy giant RWE has begun dismantling a wind farm to make way for a further expansion of an open-pit lignite coal mine in the Western region of North Rhine Westphalia.

https://notthebee.com/article/what-a-headline-germany-is-dismantling-wind-farms-so-it-can-expand-a-coal-mine-after-it-shut-its-nuclear-reactors-down

I guess they don’t want to freeze in the winter time. I find it strange that many of the climate cultist that speak of the evils of fossil fuels are also the biggest opponents of nuclear energy. Shit makes no sense.

Edited by Jason

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I guess they don’t want to freeze in the winter time. I find it strange that many of the climate cultist that speak of the evils of fossil fuels are also the biggest opponents of nuclear energy. Shit makes no sense.

It’s just that with nuclear energy, the potential scale and overall impact of some sort of accident could be massive. I know everyone goes on and on about how safe it is, but it’s not like there are never incidents. Luckily, those incidents have been relatively minor so far, though Chernobyl came very very close to turning into a cataclysmic event. 

27 minutes ago, Don said:

It’s just that with nuclear energy, the potential scale and overall impact of some sort of accident could be massive. I know everyone goes on and on about how safe it is, but it’s not like there are never incidents. Luckily, those incidents have been relatively minor so far, though Chernobyl came very very close to turning into a cataclysmic event. 

Meh, safety technologies have gotten better and it would be worth the risk. It is the best alternative to reliance on the fossil fuels. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hertz is selling 20,000 used EVs due to high repair costs

The rental car company will replace them with gasoline-powered vehicles.

If you're looking for an electric car bargain and you're braver than the average bear, you might want to check out Hertz, the car rental agency. After announcing big plans to purchase tens of thousands of EVs from Tesla and then Polestar, it's now liquidating a third of that fleet, the company told investors.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/01/hertz-is-selling-20000-used-evs-due-to-high-repair-costs/

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Tesla has been near the bottom of reliability ratings from the beginning. It doesn't help that just about everything about them is proprietary, so it isn't like you can just pop into your neighborhood garage and get something fixed.

Seems like they constantly have recalls too. 

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I have a Tesla. I think every recall I’ve come across has been handled with an automatic software download. 

If you get into an accident, or something breaks.  Tell us how it goes.  I'm curious if it's as bad as people say it is.  Like I hear waiting a month to a year for repairs is common. 

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If you get into an accident, or something breaks.  Tell us how it goes.  I'm curious if it's as bad as people say it is.  Like I hear waiting a month to a year for repairs is common. 

I needed my windshield replaced and it took half a day. There’s a Tesla shop off Dyer that did the repair. I was given $100 in Uber credits. 2nd time there was a rattle in my dash. It took a half a day as well and they gave me a Model 3 to drive for the day. 

57 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I needed my windshield replaced and it took half a day. There’s a Tesla shop off Dyer that did the repair. I was given $100 in Uber credits. 2nd time there was a rattle in my dash. It took a half a day as well and they gave me a Model 3 to drive for the day. 

Your windshield needed to be replaced twice?

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

Your windshield needed to be replaced twice?

Just once. I took it in again because when they installed the windshield they didn't secure one of the attachments in the dash correctly and it caused a rattle. 

What sucks is a rock hit my windshield last week and cracked it again. Both times have been on the 261 toll road after a good rain.

• 2 weeks later...

Score one for the good guys. 

Facing farm protests, EU eases demands in 2040 climate proposal

Under intense pressure from farmers, the European Commission has dropped key passages in a proposal for a new 2040 goal for cutting greenhouse gas pollution.

“All sectors” would need to contribute to the effort, the EU executive's plan says. But a mention of a possible 30 percent cut to agricultural pollution between 2015 and 2040, which was in previous drafts seen by POLITICO, had been removed.

Also excised were recommendations for citizens to make changes to their behavior, like eating less meat, and a push to end fossil fuel subsidies. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-eases-farming-demands-in-2040-climate-proposal/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...