• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climate Change Horror Stories

On 8/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, Lhalo said:

GM Lashes Out At Biden Administration Plan

The automaker warns the entire industry could face catastrophic financial pain.

In a turn of events some find shocking, General Motors has sounded the alarm on the Biden Administration’s vehicle fuel economy rules proposal, claiming it could cost automakers hundreds of billions of dollars in penalties. However, as Reuters has reported, Biden officials claim GM is blowing things well out of proportion.

According to Reuters, GM executive David Strickland had a meeting on July 17 with White House Office of Management and Budget officials to talk about the federal government’s proposed fuel economy regulations. That visit doesn’t seem to have gone well, because afterwards GM dropped a neutron bomb of sorts on the stricter CAFE standards for the 2027 to 2031 model years, claiming they could result in $100-300 billion in penalties for automakers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gm-lashes-biden-administration-plan-170000207.html

Those poor automakers 😞 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, cals said:

Protesting is fine.

Blocking roads should be a capital offense. 

I mean it is what it is.  I’m not sure what these people think they’re accomplishing.  I also don’t really get the thrill associated with watching cops use their gigantic asshole trucks as a weapon against totally unarmed people.  Just seems like the cops could have simply walked up to them and arrested them.   I dunno.  Not my problem I guess.  

44 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean it is what it is.  I’m not sure what these people think they’re accomplishing.  I also don’t really get the thrill associated with watching cops use their gigantic asshole trucks as a weapon against totally unarmed people.  Just seems like the cops could have simply walked up to them and arrested them.   I dunno.  Not my problem I guess.  

The truck was a tool to remove the item from blocking the road. What’s the problem?

Also you sound gayer than Taylor when you call it a “weapon against totally unarmed people” FYI.

Just now, Lhalo said:

The truck was a tool to remove the item from blocking the road. What’s the problem?

Also you sound gayer than Taylor when you call it a “weapon against totally unarmed people” FYI.

Larry that's so dumb. The only tool was the officer. He rammed the trailer, he didn't hook it up and drag it off the road. Yippee Ki Yah at the wheel cost the taxpayers a bill for front end repair that was unnecessary. 

Just now, Blarg said:

Larry that's so dumb. The only tool was the officer. He rammed the trailer, he didn't hook it up and drag it off the road. Yippee Ki Yah at the wheel cost the taxpayers a bill for front end repair that was unnecessary. 

All the hippies stuck in the desert traffic didn’t seem to give a shit. They had beads to trade for sex and drugs to do. Priorities brah. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Sir.  Plz.  He could have and should have just arrested them.  There was no need to use the police man truck as a battering ram.  

In a fantasy world the cop runs through the protesters like road cones, flying bodies everywhere and backs up over the ones that can still groan. 

But reality is this jackass needs to be suspended for wrecking the truck without reasonable cause.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

In a fantasy world the cop runs through the protesters like road cones, flying bodies everywhere and backs up over the ones that can still groan. 

But reality is this jackass needs to be suspended for wrecking the truck without reasonable cause.

These guys deal with enough bullshit that you don’t suspend this guy. This is a good opportunity to provide a little leadership. Good initiative bad judgment by the cop but an opportunity to teach. 

You don’t really know what intel he had. He has to approach these fools as if they’re armed. I’m generally against driving through some shit because you might get blown up. Also, I’m sure his department has standard operating procedures and that’s what he should be judged against. Their procedures might differ from the Blarg law enforcement academy 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Sir.  Plz.  He could have and should have just arrested them.  There was no need to use the police man truck as a battering ram.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You guys are sucking the fun out of this