• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climate Change Horror Stories

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yes but they are always looking at surface water, like reservoirs instead of ground water saturation. That is where droughts are measured.

If the snowpack melts in a slow, gradual rate, the water can saturate and work it's way in deep. If we get a hot spell all of that acculated snow will just end up as runoff. Rivers will overflow but it won't amount to a net water gain. 

My parents in Montana always hoped for a slow melt. My father had his own reasons, the lower field of his property would flood if the snowpack melted too quickly and more importantly the fishing in spring would be crap. Rivers would carry too much silt and run too quickly. Been up there a couple time to fish in early April and end up sightseeing instead because the rivers were just brown with dirt and debris after a week of 85-90 degree weather.

Right, and we can just as easily go back to nothing rain wise this afternoon. Last year we had a nice start to the rainy season and then we went months without much more than a cloud.

We seem to be in a rain cycle the next two weeks. Maybe some light drizzle next week and then the following three days of rain in the forecast. And the temps are staying in the low to mid 60's so some of this may become ground water. 

Even if it were to keep up for the next two months it probably really doesn't wipe out the drought of the last couple decades. 

Call me naive here.  But if you can pump water out of groundwater storage, why can't you pump water back into groundwater storage?  We have reservoirs overfilling with clean water.  Why can't you just pump that water that we are releasing into the ocean, because they are full, back in the same damn holes that are being used to pump water out of?  Why are we waiting for the ground to percolate like some damn getto britta filter?

26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Call me naive here.  But if you can pump water out of groundwater storage, why can't you pump water back into groundwater storage?  We have reservoirs overfilling with clean water.  Why can't you just pump that water that we are releasing into the ocean, because they are full, back in the same damn holes that are being used to pump water out of?  Why are we waiting for the ground to percolate like some damn getto britta filter?

I think that’s what they do but the issue is we still pump out significantly more than we put back in. Maybe if there were less vegetable eaters we wouldn’t need as much water and agricultural. Thanks @Tank!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I think that’s what they do but the issue is we still pump out significantly more than we put back in. Maybe if there were less vegetable eaters we wouldn’t need as much water and agricultural. Thanks @Tank!

a lot of world problems would simply disappear if we just got rid of farming and stuck with hunting.

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No one tell him what's in Korean food.  Wait, you are all white.  Shit, I've said too much.  

Lol, my wife is half Korean so I'm familiar. I remember her mom made some oyster kimchi once and it was the most awful eating experience of my life 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Lol, my wife is half Korean so I'm familiar. I remember her mom made some oyster kimchi once and it was the most awful eating experience of my life 

Many of my worst eating experiences are when I ate my mother-in-law's cooking.