• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Myers

Cdaniel

6 minutes ago, TroutField said:

That's a pretty solid package for Myers. May have to replace Thaiss with Jahmai Jones though which I would be skeptical of doing.

This is the exact type of player they need to pair with Trout though.

I still think I rather see us spend 20 mill a year on someone else. He's due 20 mill from 20-22, with a 1 mill buyout after that.

But imo the Padres could do a lot better than that for Myers. A lot

I just don't see how Cron has any value right now

Myers is a great player.  All star type.  I'm not sure the Angels realistically have have assets that would be needed to pull him down.  At least in a manner that wouldn't completely destroy the farm system.  Again.  Would be amazing though. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Only if we put him back in the OF.

I just don't see the need to spend prospects on a 1B when we have so many in-house, and decent ones are readily available in the offseason - i for one am really diggin' the idea of Carlos Santana as a FA this offseason.

If we dip into that prospect well, use it for a kickass 2B or LF or 3B or stud SP. Something that's more difficult to come by.

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Has no one else noticed that Myers just isn't that good?

Everybody assumes after he hit better his rookie year that the only thing holding him back is Petco.

I wouldn't mind having him compared to some of the bodies taking up space on this roster but I don't view him as a big bat.

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Everybody assumes after he hit better his rookie year that the only thing holding him back is Petco.

I wouldn't mind having him compared to some of the bodies taking up space on this roster but I don't view him as a big bat.

I don't know why anyone would assume that. He's been very consistent in San Diego. wRC+ of 115, 115 and 111 this year. His worst season was in Tampa Bay, and his best season was his rookie season where he only had 373 PAs and a high BABIP. He's also had issues staying healthy.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Over the last 4 seasons:

106 OPS+ - CJ Cron

105 OPS+ - Wil Myers

Myers is a year younger and plays the OF poorly.  

That is an incredibly misleading cut off mark for stats.

If you're going to omit his 131 OPS+ 5 seasons ago, you should also toss out his abysmal 77 OPS+ 4 seasons ago.

Average 112 OPS+ the last 3 seasons at Petco. Is he an amazing player? No, but an .800 OPS over the last two seasons at Petco, 28 HRs last year with 28 stolen bases, and currently sitting at 20 HRs this season is not a bad bat to have in the lineup.

21 minutes ago, Sam Sanchez said:

That is an incredibly misleading cut off mark for stats.

If you're going to omit his 131 OPS+ 5 seasons ago, you should also toss out his abysmal 77 OPS+ 4 seasons ago.

Average 112 OPS+ the last 3 seasons at Petco. Is he an amazing player? No, but an .800 OPS over the last two seasons at Petco, 28 HRs last year with 28 stolen bases, and currently sitting at 20 HRs this season is not a bad bat to have in the lineup.

stop saying Petco.  OPS+ is park adjusted.  

I used the last 4 years because that the amount of time Cron has been in the league.  Like I mentioned, Meyers is a year younger.  He's the better player.  Especially right this second.  But I am sure as hell not gonna give up a bunch of prospect currency to get a guy that is potentially only marginally better.  Now if we could get him for a moderate haul and put him in LF, I would consider it.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

stop saying Petco.  OPS+ is park adjusted.  

I used the last 4 years because that the amount of time Cron has been in the league.  Like I mentioned, Meyers is a year younger.  He's the better player.  Especially right this second.  But I am sure as hell not gonna give up a bunch of prospect currency to get a guy that is potentially only marginally better.  Now if we could get him for a moderate haul and put him in LF, I would consider it.  

The first "at Petco", I should have just said "since with the Padres" as in since the trade, the second "at Petco" applies, not park adjusted.

22 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

I still think I rather see us spend 20 mill a year on someone else. He's due 20 mill from 20-22, with a 1 mill buyout after that.

But imo the Padres could do a lot better than that for Myers. A lot

I just don't see how Cron has any value right now

You're right, for a guy like Myers they'll expect 2 top prospects or 1 top prospect and some young MLB ready talent.

Doc has nailed it in this thread. You all are way over-rating Myers.

If we gave up the package that Chuck threw out there (losing Thaiss, Hermosillo and Barria would hurt a ton) for someone who has averaged 1.2 WAR the last 5 years and owed $77M I would lose my mind.

No, no, no!