• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's the goal?

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hey Clod, this thing you have about him playing for 5 teams, well it's been shown to you by @Inside Pitch as being retarded.  

Well I look at it differently. If you count the two stops in Detroit he could conceivably be playing for his seventh team next year. There's something not right with that especially from a guy like you who's always preaching a lifetime contract for Trout. Additionally if Maybin is that good why haven't we seen him at any All Star Game? GG? Silver Slugger? How about a post season game for any of those teams he's played for?

Nothing! 

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well I look at it differently. If you count the two stops in Detroit he could conceivably be playing for his seventh team next year. There's something not right with that especially from a guy like you who's always preaching a lifetime contract for Trout. Additionally if Maybin is that good why haven't we seen him at any All Star Game? GG? Silver Slugger? How about a post season game for any of those teams he's played for?

Nothing! 

You realize there's a difference between a good everyday left fielder, something we haven't had in a bunch of years and an All Star.   I'm not advocating paying him All Star money.  I'm advocating paying him as the player he is.  You, not seeing his value to the team simply makes you ignorant.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

You realize there's a difference between a good everyday left fielder, something we haven't had in a bunch of years and an All Star.   I'm not advocating paying him All Star money.  I'm advocating paying him as the player he is.  You, not seeing his value to the team simply makes you ignorant.  

Ok yes I'm ignorant. Let's see if Eppler agrees with you and gives him a multi-year extension. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I'll be right if he gets a multi-year contract anywhere. 

He can get a two year deal here for about $5M each for a fourth outfield spot. He would be a good bench player also.

Cameron Maybin is only 30 years old and has a .245 / .347 / .381 / .729 slash line. 99 ops+ weak arm

Remember when 36 year old Torii Hunter had a .313 / .365 / .451 / .817 slash line? 129 ops+ big arm

fun times 

7 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

He can get a two year deal here for about $5M each for a fourth outfield spot. He would be a good bench player also.

Cameron Maybin is only 30 years old and has a .245 / .347 / .381 / .729 slash line. 99 ops+ weak arm

Remember when 36 year old Torii Hunter had a .313 / .365 / .451 / .817 slash line? 129 ops+ big arm

fun times 

Yea letting Hunter go was a mistake.  If Maybin isn't traded then letting him go will be a mistake as well.  He's a very good leadoff hitter that runs the bases well, takes a walk and plays solid defense.  And seriously, what free agent do you have targeted that would be a better left fielder on the open market?  If you can't answer that then how exactly can you propose to have him be a 4th outfielder?  My hunch is you don't have an answer.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea letting Hunter go was a mistake.  If Maybin isn't traded then letting him go will be a mistake as well.  He's a very good leadoff hitter that runs the bases well, takes a walk and plays solid defense.  And seriously, what free agent do you have targeted that would be a better left fielder on the open market?  If you can't answer that then how exactly can you propose to have him be a 4th outfielder?  My hunch is you don't have an answer.  

Claude wants an entire team filled with league min farm grown all stars who play GG defense.  you know.  something realistic.  

9 hours ago, CALZONE said:

fun times 

At the time the Angels signed him Torii Hunter was a 32 year old with a  career .271/.324/.469 -.793 slash line -- good for an 104 OPS+, 27 career bWAR.  Those numbers got him a 5 year 90 Mil contract.  Neat how you think a guy with half the WAR over with 1500 fewer at bats and 13.2 WAR is only worth 2/10.   Meanwhile Ben Revere was able to get 1/4 after putting up a 48 OPS+ negative 1.2 WAR season...   Also, Melky Cabrera once got popped for PEDs, was with 5 teams before age 29 (even got released), and yet he managed to get a 3 year 42 million dollar deal three years ago.

I'm guessing Maybin ends up getting better than 2/10 on the open market from someone.

39 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Maybin is making 9 million this year and unless he completely tanks in the 2nd half, will absolutely get more than that. Claude is just trolling. He gets a response every time he posts. 

You're right of course -- but it's not like ignoring him changes anything.  It just means he will go into every thread and spew the same exact tripe over and over until someone gives him the reaction/attention he craves.  To recap.  Calzone trolls, someone always eventually responds..  someone else points out he's trolling...  It's agreed upon that he's trolling and then he pulls out the "I'm just voicing my opinion" card.

It's the circle of life..... AW.com style.  

Don't fight it.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

At the time the Angels signed him Torii Hunter was a 32 year old with a  career .271/.324/.469 -.793 slash line -- good for an 104 OPS+, 27 career bWAR.  Those numbers got him a 5 year 90 Mil contract.  Neat how you think a guy with half the WAR over with 1500 fewer at bats and 13.2 WAR is only worth 2/10.   Meanwhile Ben Revere was able to get 1/4 after putting up a 48 OPS+ negative 1.2 WAR season...   Also, Melky Cabrera once got popped for PEDs, was with 5 teams before age 29 (even got released), and yet he managed to get a 3 year 42 million dollar deal three years ago.

I'm guessing Maybin ends up getting better than 2/10 on the open market from someone.

My point is simple. Maybin was a first round pick, he's been tossed around the league like a side salad and he's never reached his projected superstar potential although he does fit into Scioscia's small ball mentality. We don't really have any bashers so get'em on, get'em over, get'em in is good for Maybin. 

But I get it, the teams bar is set so low with the Espinosa's, Valbuena's, Revere's and Franklin's that just because Maybin can run and has a pulse he needs to be extended. It all depends on what the fans expectations are.

Would the Yankees sign him....Hell no! Would the Cubs or Red Sox sign him....Hell no!

He sucked in spring, he sucked in April, he put together a great 5 weeks and now he's back to who he really is. A streaky hitter. His defense isn't all that. He misjudges fly balls then quickly retreats with his gifted speed. He doesn't have a strong arm. He's played about 3 dozen games lifetime in LF so with Trout returning let's see how he finishes the second half before you crown him with an extension. 

His OBP the last 24 games is .287 and that's not going to help this putrid offense. 

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

My point is simple. Maybin was a first round pick, he's been tossed around the league like a side salad and he's never reached his projected superstar potential although he does fit into Scioscia's small ball mentality. We don't really have any bashers so get'em on, get'em over, get'em in is good for Maybin. 

But I get it, the teams bar is set so low with the Espinosa's, Valbuena's, Revere's and Franklin's that just because Maybin can run and has a pulse he needs to be extended. It all depends on what the fans expectations are.

Would the Yankees sign him....Hell no! Would the Cubs or Red Sox sign him....Hell no!

He sucked in spring, he sucked in April, he put together a great 5 weeks and now he's back to who he really is. A streaky hitter. His defense isn't all that. He misjudges fly balls then quickly retreats with his gifted speed. He doesn't have a strong arm. He's played about 3 dozen games lifetime in LF so with Trout returning let's see how he finishes the second half before you crown him with an extension. 

His OBP the last 24 games is .287 and that's not going to help this putrid offense. 

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

Overruled.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

Overruled.  

It's all good Doc, I'm going to wait and see on this. If he has a strong second half I'll be the first to admit that we should extend him. If he has a poor second half I hope they let him walk. 

Just now, CALZONE said:

It's all good Doc, I'm going to wait and see on this. If he has a strong second half I'll be the first to admit that we should extend him. If he has a poor second half I hope they let him walk. 

i was joking.  you make good points.  

At the end of the day this lineup needs power.  We're dead last in slg% by 28 points at .382.  Yet somehow, our own pitchers can't keep the ball in the yard and everyone else in baseball is hitting hrs at a record rate.  

So where does the power come from?  we need to address 2b, 3b, LF, and probably 1b this offseason so the most obvious spot to add some thump is LF and 1b.  My guess is that we aren't going to do anything at 1b and we might actually just let Yunel walk and put Valbuena at 3b next year with Cron full time at 1b.  Both of who have struggled and neither of whom I am overly confident of a rebound.  It's possible, but tough to count on.  So really, that leaves LF and 2b to improve your power output.  Conventionally, you aren't going to get much from 2b.  Kinsler would be a nice addition, but he's not gonna hit you 25hrs and he's putting up the lowest slg% of his career right now.  

LF options are, of course, Maybin, Upton, JD Martinez (who I would steer clear of), and a bunch of guys that will likely be taking 1, maybe 2 yrs deals.  My guess is we go the stop gap route because of the oncoming OF depth in our minor league system although I still think Upton would be a nice fit.  

31 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Of course the Yankees wouldn't sign him, they are too busy paying Gardner and Elsbury a lot more money than we are paying for Maybin for equal or less performance.  

The Cubs wouldn't sign him because they signed Heyward, you know, the guy who shit the bed and that you still give me shit about because I wanted to sign him.  

You brought up those teams to try and discredit the Angels, while ignoring the fact they they make massive mistakes with contracts just like the Angels have, but you are too obtuse to recognize that.  

Your refusal to look at him as a player objectively makes you the troll you are.  You won't be the first to admit you were wrong because you've never admitted you were wrong.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course the Yankees wouldn't sign him, they are too busy paying Gardner and Elsbury a lot more money than we are paying for Maybin for equal or less performance.  

The Cubs wouldn't sign him because they signed Heyward, you know, the guy who shit the bed and that you still give me shit about because I wanted to sign him.  

You brought up those teams to try and discredit the Angels, while ignoring the fact they they make massive mistakes with contracts just like the Angels have, but you are too obtuse to recognize that.  

Your refusal to look at him as a player objectively makes you the troll you are.  You won't be the first to admit you were wrong because you've never admitted you were wrong.  

Strad all i'm saying is that we could probably do better than Maybin. If Arte wants to spend than I would like to see Hosmer and Moustakas. Melky, Rasmus or Martinez would also be some good options. We need some guys that can hammer the ball. We have a pop gun lineup that even the juiced baseballs can't fix.

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

Strad all i'm saying is that we could probably do better than Maybin. If Arte wants to spend than I would like to see Hosmer and Moustakas. Melky, Rasmus or Martinez would also be some good options. We need some guys that can hammer the ball. We have a pop gun lineup that even the juiced baseballs can't fix.

I prefer Maybin over Melky or Rasmus and Martinez is going to get $100 million. I do like the two Royals.