• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' Adell makes mid-season Top-100 Prospects list

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Top 100 lists essentially handicap how good a players major league career is going to be.  

A good comp for Adell is actually playing a solid LF/CF for the halos right now.  both drafted with the 10th pick in the first round.  Both tall lanky CFers.  Both from the south.  Both with plus plus speed. There are probably other similarities I'm forgetting.  :)  

Racist.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

F'n Dipeutered!   The Harold T. Hill of MLB!   Pujols, Hackilton, Nibs, Baldoquin, mainly high floor/little high ceiling draft picks, Segura for Grienke rental

Both J. Pierpont Reagins and Dipeutered T. Hill caused a ton of damage! 

Looking back he really did so.e major damage to the franchise.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can you imagine Segura at 2B and Simmons at SS?

Damn...

Segura has been in the majors 4 years.  2 excellent years and 2 years where he kind of stunk.  I would like to have Segura now too but just saying remember how much fans were hot and cold on Ervin Santana.  I just don't want to pretend Segura hasn't had some long frustrating stretches for fans of his team.  0 WAR in 146 games in 2014.  .3 WAR in 142 games in 2015. . . .

Angel fans would have been calling for his head over that 288 game stretch of 0 WAR. . .

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Segura has been in the majors 4 years.  2 excellent years and 2 years where he kind of stunk.  I would like to have Segura now too but just saying remember how much fans were hot and cold on Ervin Santana.  I just don't want to pretend Segura hasn't had some long frustrating stretches for fans of his team.  0 WAR in 146 games in 2014.  .3 WAR in 142 games in 2015. . . .

Angel fans would have been calling for his head over that 288 game stretch of 0 WAR. . .

There should a very human element that statistics just can't measure. The man's infant soon died and he struggled big time with it. The last two seasons, Segura has been one of the best players in baseball.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Tempering expectations is fine.   Having a blowhard as GM from 2012-2015 is quite another story.

Seriously, he may have been even worse for this franchise than J. Pierpont Reagins was. 

Odds on Baldoquin even getting to AA?    Maybe 5,000 to 1?

The more time has passed, ive honestly begun to see dipoto as worse than reagins. Reagins had some duds for sure, but dipoto IMO did far more damage i think.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Werent people calling the angels out immediatelly after picking ward? Or am i remembering wrong?

I think most people on this board were. Any time you take a guy in the first round described as having 'backup catcher upside' you really fucked up.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

In the 2015 draft, any of these guys who went after our pick of Ward would have been much better. 

Triston McKenzie
Christian Stewart
Ryan Mountcastle
Chris Shaw

It's pretty bad when the girl from Twilight is a better first round pick than the guy you actually got.

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I wonder if that's the real reason why he fled.  Maybe it wasn't Arte's meddling and Scioscia bad managing afterall - he just didn't want to see the fallout from the damage he did to this org.

He was obviously frustrated with the way things were done here. I don't want to turn this back into a defend Jerry thread, but we can never really know. Maybe Jerry will actually be a good fit for Seattle when he wasn't here.