• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

The thing I like about this team so far is they have rarely had a game where they looked overmatched. If the offense struggles, the D is playing much better. Hiller has been solid his last few outings. I think this team is poised to make a serious run at the Cup.

The thing I like about this team so far is they have rarely had a game where they looked overmatched. If the offense struggles, the D is playing much better. Hiller has been solid his last few outings. I think this team is poised to make a serious run at the Cup.

I agree, the only game this year where I thought the Ducks were not the better team on the ice was against the Blackhawks.  Should be really fun playoffs this year (especially if we meet the Kings in the playoffs finally, that would just be an epic showdown)!

Jeff if you think hockey has too many stoppages how do you watch any other sport thats not soccer?

Wicked- I don't know if sign and trades are legal in the NHL, I thought I remember a rule where if you sign a guy you can't trade him for a year (I could definitely be wrong about this but for some reason that rule is in my head).  I just don't think a team like Anaheim who rarely spends to the cap can afford to lose Perry for nothing.  For the 1st 12 games of the season Perry only had 1 goal and 5 assists and the Ducks did pretty well.  If they keep winning the next 3 games without him (especially against the competition we are playing) I could definitely see him being moved.  However, what I would like to see is Perry locked up long term before the trade deadline, then trade Bobby Ryan in the offseason to free up come cap room.  I just don't see Perry signing before hitting free agency.

sign and trades are definitely allowed under the new CBA.

but the perry situation is tricky. you cant claim to all about winning but then trade your top line winger at the deadline. winning the cup is such a big deal and pays dividends for years (marketing, etc) that one can argue its worth the risk.

but, losing your top line winger for nothing in the offseason, especially if we dont win the cup is hard to swallow.

at this point its up to him.

they have the money to give him getzlaf contract. 

i dont know why folks are so open to trading bobby ryan though, hes got probably the best hands on the team and it so fun to watch.

I agree, the only game this year where I thought the Ducks were not the better team on the ice was against the Blackhawks.  Should be really fun playoffs this year (especially if we meet the Kings in the playoffs finally, that would just be an epic showdown)!

they looked like crap the first home game too vs the canucks.

but it just seemed like they were too hyped for it, same thing when we destroyed them at their home opener.

Bobby is pretty streaky. I feel like he gets robbed more than anyone else in the league. Like he should be better than he is. I'm not complaining about him at all, but I wouldn't be too torn up if we traded Bobby and kept Perry. Ideally, I'd like to keep both

they looked like crap the first home game too vs the canucks.

but it just seemed like they were too hyped for it, same thing when we destroyed them at their home opener.

oh yeah...i blacked out midway through the second of that one cuz it was going so poorly.  we sucked ass that night.