• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Comey shit canned

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

Even before he became the Republican nominee I knew he was a man of poor moral character and almost never articulated any of his potential policies beyond the sound bits like "I'll build a big, beautiful wall!" or "Make America Great Again!". It was crystal clear to me that Trump had no deep knowledge or understanding of a large variety of issues. For me personally those factors combined with his comments on Mexicans, Muslims (of which my wife is one), women ("Grab 'em by the pussy!"), and a whole host of other jabs and one-liners made it very difficult for me to understand how anyone, much less Conservatives, could cast a vote for him. There were a dozen other Republican candidates that were varying degrees better than Donald (some a lot more than others). By voting Trump in the Conservatives in this nation have dealt a serious blow to their party and future elections (assuming we don't make the full turn towards Autocracy).

Personally I don't have disdain for Conservative viewpoints, everyone has a right to believe in the set of principles they want to live by. I believe in some of those principles particularly related to business growth. This election cycle only worsened the divide you mention above and the perceptions on both sides. Right now there are some Democrats who will "never forgive" Trump voters for putting Donald in power (and they will never understand how we got to this point in history). There are MAGA Republicans who will ignore even the most vile things Trump does because they have a vision of a different United States. The divide between the two parties is huge and the funny thing is that both sides are creating an environment for one or more new parties to grow that will fill that void and speak to the middle of the bell curve if Trump and his cronies are subdued and arrested (otherwise the worst nightmare will come true).

Finally I think the Democratic party did a horrible job of speaking to working Americans which used to be their specialty. Trump made wild promises (that he still hasn't kept for the most part) to them that he'd help them keep their jobs and it worked, in part, because the Democrats let him run roughshod over those parts of the country, comfortable in the thought that they had the race tied up.

The result is Traitor Trump in the White House raping not only the U.S. but other countries around the world. $500,000 to buy a Visa in China? Crooked. Dropping trade sanctions against China after they approved several Trump trademark cases there? Crooked. Using his title of POTUS to receive building permits in Uruguay to build a new Trump tower? Crooked. Firing the FBI Director in charge of investigating possible collusion between the POTUS and Russia? REALLY Crooked.

Clearly we're on the same page regarding Trump I just want people to understand that Russia does not care about the welfare of Americans. Hell they don't care about the welfare of Russians to a large degree. They will dismantle their former Cold War nemesis and laugh the whole time while they do it. I just hope that every American citizen cares enough to put the country first and party second.

I agree with much of what you said.  The only bigger idea that I have issue with is our supposed moral superiority over Russia.  I am hard pressed to find higher ground for the U.S.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I agree with much of what you said.  The only bigger idea that I have issue with is our supposed moral superiority over Russia.  I am hard pressed to find higher ground for the U.S.

We used to have it and now we've wasted what little we had in a few short months.

mmmm....poutine.

In the UK they have this wonderful dish...chips with curry sauce. When you stumble out of a pub at 1am with the drunkies...nothing is as awesome as that. The only downside being they service it at a scalding 500 degrees celsius...and you know you are going to burn the shit out of your tongue...but you have the drunkies...and you think...if I blow on it, that will cool it down...and invariably you burn your tongue and can't taste shit for 3 days.

The upside being...you are in the UK so it's not like the food doesn't suck anyways so you aren't missing anything by not being able to taste shit.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure I understand that mentality MT...because you don't feel US has moral superiority over Russian we shouldn't care that the trump campaign worked with a foreign government to interfere in the election?

That hasn't even been remotely established. There are ongoing investigations, but not one piece of evidence yet that they actually colluded with Russia to affect the election. Or am I missing something?

30 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

That hasn't even been remotely established. There are ongoing investigations, but not one piece of evidence yet that they actually colluded with Russia to affect the election. Or am I missing something?

That's why there is an ongoing investigation going on which Trump and the Republicans are doing their best to interfere with. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

you haven't missed anything.  nothing has been established.  but the behavior is extremely suspect.  where theres smoke theres fire...........

or so they say.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

you haven't missed anything.  nothing has been established.  but the behavior is extremely suspect.  where theres smoke theres fire...........

or so they say.

Could you imagine a movie sort of like Forrest Gump that explains how Trump has completely sincere the whole time and pieces together how fate has turned him into the character even though he is just trying to help.