• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs has Grade 2 oblique strain; out 10-12 weeks.

If the Angels were seriously tanking, I'd say call up some young arms to give them a try out.

But man, losing your closer, setup man and #1 & #2 guys in your rotation. This season is shaping up to be worse than last year as far as injuries go. 

I don't want to jinx it but JC Ramirez is actually flashing in the rotation lately. He isn't pitching deep into games but dude is racking up a ton of K's displaying big time stuff. Maybe he can be the Blake Parker of the rotation(a hidden gem that surprises). Gotta hope they have another hidden gem to fill in for Skaggs. Daniel Wright is not that gem(it's actually a turd. He's a turd)

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

I don't want to jinx it but JC Ramirez is actually flashing in the rotation lately. He isn't pitching deep into games but dude is racking up a ton of K's displaying big time stuff. Maybe he can be the Blake Parker of the rotation(a hidden gem that surprises). Gotta hope they have another hidden gem to fill in for Skaggs. Daniel Wright is not that gem(it's actually a turd. He's a turd)

Agree on JC Ramirez. His stuff and performances of late mirror what a true #1, an ace would look like. 

If we can get Shoemaker to resemble anything close to what he did last season for us, we may not be in that bad of shape. 

Chavez and Nolasco have been keeping us in the game which is what you want in a #4 & #5 type guy in the rotation.

I'm still holding out hope that Richards can come back once his 60 days are up on the DL. 

This team is cursed. 4 starters and 3 closer-potential rp are down. A GOOD team couldn't recover from this crap. What do the cubs look like if lester, arrieta, anderson, hendricks, davis, uehara and rondon go down? This is freaking ridiculous!

1 minute ago, John Smith said:

Unfortunately, the next best starter is the closer.

Yep. It's too bad Bedrosian and Bailey are shelved because he'd be a good option. 

I think if the Angels are smart they'd let Petit replace Skaggs, not Daniel Wright longterm. 

Wow. So, who jumps in? Pounders, Wright, or Meyer? Stretch out Petit or Norris? Maintain a lefty in the rotation and get Banuelos or Nate Smith in?

Wonder if the Jays are ready to sell and how much JA Happ would cost. Or the Royals and Vargas.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. It's too bad Bedrosian and Bailey are shelved because he'd be a good option. 

I think if the Angels are smart they'd let Petit replace Skaggs, not Daniel Wright longterm. 

Petit has never really done well in more than a long-relief/spot start role. I wouldn't do anything to upset the pen balance right now. It's working, and we need it to keep doing so. 

Our offense needs to have their usual May/June burst, and someone needs to come up and be able to offer 5 IP 3 ER or so a start.  

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, I'd look to stretch Petit out and have him replace Skaggs. What sucks is that also takes a hit to the bullpen since he's been doing good work as the long-man giving them multiple innings here and there