• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia regarding pitching. "terrible" "absolutely awful"

"We have to fight a little harder. I don’t think we believe we’re trying that hard. We’re just going through the motions. We have to do what we’re capable of doing. That’s everybody; not just the players."

That could apply to this season as well. The problem is that there is no Torii Hunter in the clubhouse this year, nobody with the credibility, the respect and the emotional investment in the team to step forward and say something like this. I doubt that anyone on the current club will bother.

The only veteran leader and clutch hitter from 2012 wasn't even given a qualifying offer. I think Trumbo and Trout will eventually take those roles but it may take until some of the extremely high-priced veterans are "Moo Vaughned" out of town.

That could apply to this season as well. The problem is that there is no Torii Hunter in the clubhouse this year, nobody with the credibility, the respect and the emotional investment in the team to step forward and say something like this. I doubt that anyone on the current club will bother.

Get over Torii Hunter! It was the same shit last year with him on the team and the year before that also. Cut the cord already

Tell you what I find more telling.   Mike Scioscia normally makes one of his "I believe this is a Championship caliber" type speeches when the team stumbles out of the gate.   I don't remember him doing that this year -- or I missed it when he did.  This year, it's almost always been about the team still trying to find itself or something along those lines.

I think Dipoto's long term vision for this team is the right course of action, but anyone unwilling to put this roster on him is kidding themselves.  Even if we pawn Hamilton and Pujols on Arte, this pen and that rotation are entirely Dipoto.

Sosh says nothing, posters are pissed.

Sosh says something vanilla, posters are pissed

Sosh says something positive, posters are pissed

Sosh says something negative, posters are pissed.

What I glean from this, posters just want to be pissed.