• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Judge blocks sanctuary city funding threat

On 4/28/2017 at 2:38 PM, Tank said:

"Faced with the law, the Trump administration was force to back down," San Francisco city attorney Dennis Herrera said in a statement. "This is why we have courts -- to halt the overreach of a president and an attorney general who either don't understand the Constitution or choose to ignore it."

what an ignorant thing to say. isn't it equally an overreach for states to just thumb their nose at federal law about which laws they will or won't enforce, like illegal immigration? has this attorney ever studied about compliance with the constitution, even on things he may not agree with?

and i'm with you on this, cat. i'm not sure how a state can choose which federal laws to follow/ignore. it's why i think we're eventually headed for a supreme court showdown of sorts about states legalizing marijuana.

I could see the Trump administration trying to use marijuana as a stick to beat states like CA into submission, or just try try and fuck with us.

15 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I could see the Trump administration trying to use marijuana as a stick to beat states like CA into submission, or just try try and fuck with us.

This is Trump we are talking about.  Everything he does seems to be aimed at trying to fuck with us.  And yet, a lot of people end up with hooks in their mouths from the bait.

On April 28, 2017 at 0:15 PM, Thomas said:

My guess is that it will be found that the Feds can withhold monies specific to the issue in contention.

Example. (Picks random state to be racist..let's say..totally random... Alabama.). If Alabama decides to re-segregate schools..the Feds can withhold educational funds until they stop being so Alabamian. They won't be able to completely block all funding though as a means of coercion.

ROLL TIDE !!

oh wait...

On 4/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, Thomas said:

It's hard to be racist when there are only white people. Really really white people.

A former boss of mine moved to Montana when he retired. When he and his wife were in a local cafe, people kept staring at him because he was the darkest person in the restaurant. He's Italian.