• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CB Bucknor sucks

yk9001

7 minutes ago, cezero said:

a few games back against Texas, he asked Napoli's opinion about whether a ball was foul or fair before making the call. 

the stupidest and most corrupt official in the game. 

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/scott-servais-frustrations-boil-over-for-rare-ejection-with-mariners/ 

Holy shit, this guy is terrible! 

12 minutes ago, Bobster7587 said:

Bucknor, who is no favorite of managers past and present as he can be contentious and condescending, listened to Servais’ objections while also interjecting his own thoughts.

Uh, you're burying the lede, here Mr. Writer.  He is no favorite of anybody's because he is TERRIBLE at making calls and judgments.

Most major league umpires are terrible at their job, but so much of this has to do with the simple fact that the game has progressed to the point where things happen so fast, it's damn near impossible to get them right.

Do I blame the umpires for being terrible at their job? Some, yes. CB Bucknor, Joe West....yeah those guys are just arrogant pricks. Most of the rest I don't blame for being bad because they simply can't be good. The best thing an umpire can do is be consistent. If it's been a strike all night, then players can adjust.

You see Trout nodding all the time after he watches a borderline strike because he's logging in his head what classifies as a strike.

As for me, I say computerized strike zone.

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Do I blame the umpires for being terrible at their job? Some, yes. CB Bucknor, Joe West....yeah those guys are just arrogant pricks. Most of the rest I don't blame for being bad because they simply can't be good. 

Joe West is a jerk but is a much better umpire than Buckner...Buckner is supposedly well liked (despite what the link above says), he's just a bad ump...Angel Hernandez is a jerk and a bad ump....

The MLB umpires union has always put clowns like Bucknor & Hernandez above putting the best possible umpires on the field. 95% of baseball fans probably can't even name one umpire, and if they can, it's one of the bad ones. The goal should be to put the best 4 people possible on the field for each MLB game. Period. Instead, it's to protect the worst of their members at the expense of the reputation of the umpires as a whole.

CB Bucknor has been bad for baseball for years.

yeah, that AJP call in the Halos/ White Sox playoff game was terrible - how many years ago was that now? Seems like forever ago.

Unlike others here, I don't blame AJP on that play (although I don't care for him all that much) he was just doing what it takes to win.......I thought it was a good/ smart move on his part --- I blame CB Bucknor with the half tailed out signal he made and then retracted it acting like he never called the batter out.........and then there's our catcher that day (Josh Paul? who was it again?) who should have acted like they teach catchers in youth ball on up -- 'don't play ump -- if there's any question at all if the ball bounced, hit the dirt, was dropped - don't play ump - tag the runner and./or make the throw to first base. EVERY TIME.

17 hours ago, disarcina said:

CB Bucknor has been bad for baseball for years.

yeah, that AJP call in the Halos/ White Sox playoff game was terrible - how many years ago was that now? Seems like forever ago.

Unlike others here, I don't blame AJP on that play (although I don't care for him all that much) he was just doing what it takes to win.......I thought it was a good/ smart move on his part --- I blame CB Bucknor with the half tailed out signal he made and then retracted it acting like he never called the batter out.........and then there's our catcher that day (Josh Paul? who was it again?) who should have acted like they teach catchers in youth ball on up -- 'don't play ump -- if there's any question at all if the ball bounced, hit the dirt, was dropped - don't play ump - tag the runner and./or make the throw to first base. EVERY TIME.

That was Doug Eddings, not Bucknor.