• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

June 17th, AngelsWin.com Charity Softball Tournament

Chuck

If you're interested, let us know here.

I will also create an event page on Facebook. 

The games will be held on Saturday, June 17th at Pioneer Park in Anaheim where the OC Miracle League resides.

Since this will be a charity tournament, we'll charge $20 per person. All proceeds will go to Steel Morris who is the founder and president of the OC Miracle League. 

You can donate even if you're not playing. 

Here's some videos and interviews from our past softball tournaments.

AngelsWin.com 2012 Softball Game from AngelsWin.com on Vimeo.

OC Miracle League Charity Event from AngelsWin.com on Vimeo.

AngelsWin.com's 7th Annual Softball Tournament Game 2 from AngelsWin.com on Vimeo.

Victor Rojas on the Orange County Miracle League from AngelsWin.com on Vimeo.

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

On the extended DL, kinda like Josh Hamilton without the hookers, blow and $25 million for not playing.

You should still come out. We should have a drink or beer together since I'll be down just for that weekend. Skipped out last year. 

After watching some of these videos, I cannot believe how large and out of shape I let myself get. 

I guess having three kids and getting married will do that to you. 

Going on 3 years now that I've been back in the gym and have become addicted to working out.

As an aside anyone here know the best way to get Diamond patio seating for a game? Not sure how the whole deal works and it is my birthday on that same weekend so I might make a big hoo-hoo about the whole weekend by attending a game (or two!) and come out for the charity event too.

39 minutes ago, ettin said:

As an aside anyone here know the best way to get Diamond patio seating for a game? Not sure how the whole deal works and it is my birthday on that same weekend so I might make a big hoo-hoo about the whole weekend by attending a game (or two!) and come out for the charity event too.

You should. We need to smoke a cigar and have a glass of bourbon again. 

In Prescott, Az, we have a 'Challengers' Baseball team that is comprised of developmentally disabled kids and young adults.  We have kids as young as four and as old as 18.  I have been helping to 'coach' this team for the last couple of years, and even have my youngest son helping out as well.  If you have the chance to work with kids like this, it will change your life.  They are truly very special people.  

Some of the kids on our team go to high school with my son, and last year, the special needs kids and my son and a few of his friends were hanging out at lunch and enjoying the new friendship.  This experience has changed my life.

Go out and volunteer!

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey guys, who else is in.

So far I have:

Adam, HaloJay +1, Storm, Troutstanding, Cory. I think we need a few more players to field a team. :)

I can post this on social media to get some guys if necessary. 

Who else is in?

@Stradling are you in?

I'll be in DC, but if you're chasing players I could help find players.  I can also make a donation.