• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

1 hour ago, Tank said:

case in point: they're pushing hard for every car in the state to be an electric car. the significant flaw in this strategy is that they aren't upgrading the power grid first, a necessary step in supplying what will become a huge surge in electrical usage to power up and recharge all of these new electric cars. this state can't even keep the power on during heat waves, so without major power grid upgrades, how are they going to be able to handle a massive demand for all of these new electrical vehicles that need juice to run? 

also, where do they think all of this new electric power is going to come from? 

You do realize that our lawmakers here do not think things through right?

54 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not from the roof solar panels of anyone's home because that would be like stealing money from Edison and PG&E.

What I never understood about solar, other than that Edison and PG&E don't want to pay it, is that when you install solar, you have to go through this long drawn out permit process, and the system you put in has to about equal your energy consumption.  So say I have 3,000 square foot of roof space, but my energy consumption says I only need 800 square foot worth of solar panels.  So I can only get those 800 square feet of solar panels.  Instead of 3000 square feet worth, selling the excess to the grid to power up my neighbors houses, and maybe make a few bucks to pay for my system.  Instead, the electric companies think they are so green by importing electricity from New Mexico wind farms, where they will lose some 60% of that electricity due to distance, to power my neighbors house.  

2 hours ago, Jason said:

California politics: State Democrats shoot down gas tax pause - ABC7 Los Angeles

Good. Californians do not deserve a break  as they are responsible for electing these morons 

we have well over 20 billion in surplus money, but my $.50 per gallon is necessary for road repairs.

i hate sacramento. they're only there for themselves.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

on the news i keep hearing that we have a budget surplus of well over 20 billion (have even heard it's over 40 billion). 

That's what they say but I'm not sure how we prove the accuracy of those claims. With as much money as they squeeze out of us I don't see how they don't have a surplus 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

No we don't. We're in the red by billions.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

on the news i keep hearing that we have a budget surplus of well over 20 billion (have even heard it's over 40 billion). 

I think he's referring to the pension debt.  That's to be ignored, since Taylor's kids are going to be the one's footing that bill.