• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 3/27 Angels @ Diamondbacks

ANGELS_0.PNG
Angels 
Lineup 3/27
1:10 PST

Angels

Diamondbacks

1. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Cameron Maybin (R) LF
6. C.J. Cron (R) 1B
7. Danny Espinosa (S) 2B
8. Nolan Fontana (L) SS
9. Martin Maldonado (R) C

1. A.J. Pollock (R) CF
2. Brandon Drury (R) 2B
3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
4. Jake Lamb (L) 3B
5. Chris Owings (R) RF
6. Daniel Descalso (L) LF
7. Chris Iannetta (R) C
8. Ketel Marte (S) SS
9. Shelby Miller (R) P

39 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Are they trying to get Maybin extra at bats to exorcise the slump; and that's why he's hitting 5th instead of lower in the order, as he is not in any way a MOTO guy?

Looks like Maybin will bat 5th when he's in the lineup. Haven't seen much of Ben Revere lately ... guessing he'll bat somewhere in front of Trout. 

8 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

That doesn't really make sense ... are you suggesting that Calhoun will bat elsewhere in the lineup?

It's just for ST. The lineup looks like it will generally be Escobar, Calhoun, Trout, Pujols, Cron, Maybin, Espinosa, Catcher, Simmons. I could see 6-9 changing quite often though. But so far based off what they've been doing this spring Maybin seems like he'll hit later in the lineup. 

They just bumped him up a slot or two for the rest of spring so he gets an extra AB or two in a game.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Gotta love Scioscia...

Maybin has done nothing to deserve a starting spot on opening day while Revere has done nothing but perform. 

Looks like we'll be playing catch up by mid April again

Revere has only had one other spring where he produced at this level - and that was last spring, which prefaced his worst MLB season. 

I'll give Cameron at least a couple weeks before I start calling to switch them out. His gramps just died. 

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Revere has only had one other spring where he produced at this level - and that was last spring, which prefaced his worst MLB season. 

In all fairness, he was injured most of last year, but I do agree, give Maybin a chance in April.  He has what it takes IMO.

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I'll give Cameron at least a couple weeks before I start calling to switch them out. His gramps just died. 

Revere also dealt with an injury last year which if I recall happened on opening day? 

Revere has been a very solid lead off hitter besides last season and hit over .300 the 3 years prior to last. Maybin hit over .300 for the first time last year but played less than 100 games.

We finally have a legit lead off hitter who also solves our LF problem and we're going to sit him for a guy whose career has basically been the opposite of Revere's the last 4 years?

There's just no way I can get behind this move. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Revere also dealt with an injury last year which if I recall happened on opening day? 

Revere has been a very solid lead off hitter besides last season and hit over .300 the 3 years prior to last. Maybin hit over .300 for the first time last year but played less than 100 games.

We finally have a legit lead off hitter who also solves our LF problem and we're going to sit him for a guy whose career has basically been the opposite of Revere's the last 4 years?

There's just no way I can get behind this move. 

Don't blame the move or playing him on Scioscia ...  

2 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Gotta love Scioscia...

Maybin has done nothing to deserve a starting spot on opening day while Revere has done nothing but perform. 

Looks like we'll be playing catch up by mid April again

Just think back a few seasons to when we had Raul Ibanez and you should feel better.