• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cracked cell phone screen

15 hours ago, calscuf said:

A non-iPhone with a cracked screen?

Sadly I think this confirms that TORS is Hispanic.

Lol!

Its been like 3 days, and im embarassed as hell...anyone who sees it i start appologizing, feeling like im some 20 something year old waiter. Perfect fall, directly face down into some jagged rock.

On 3/15/2017 at 8:19 AM, Joey said:

craigslist.

i have the same issue. i have an old ass note 3 and was running pure with no injuries for many years and never used a case or anything, but then some stripper jumped on my lap and i have my first set of minor spider cracks.

What a hard vagina

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

How much are you expecting to spend? I think the Apple store repairs iPhones screens for about $150, and you can find repair shops around that do it for $100. I'd image that it's similar for android phones. 

In theory, there are kits you can do at home.  But, from the youtube video I saw, they don't make it sound like it's an easy procedure.  Looks like the parts itself costs around $27 on Amazon. 

Also, looks like Geek Squad at Best Buy may do repairs of cell phones also.  There is an official Samsung repair place in of all places, Koreatown.  Only official place in LA, but it seems like they are expensive. 

Extremely tedious to perform these glass switch-outs.  I replaced my wife's Iphone screen and the screen on her Ipad.  The Ipad was much harder to do.  If you attempt to do it yourself, I would strongly recommend buying a replacement screen that includes a layout of the inside of the phone so that you can put your parts/screws on the layout point where you removed them.  Or take a picture once you have the glass removed and print that picture.  Once you get everything removed, you realize that not all the screws are the same size and you'll likely have a few things left over and have no idea where they go.  I saw a few offered with a schematic tray where you could put screws and such as you removed them.  Would've made it a lot easier, but still not a simple thing to do.  Takes a little time and lots of patience.

The Ipad was much worse because the screen needs to be heated up around the edges and pried off, which makes it crumble into a million micro-pieces.  Friggin' Apple.  Use Gorilla Glass already.  I have never had to replace a Samsung or Moto screen, though (cause they make their shit so it doesn't break when you cough on it).  Probably similar process.

On 3/16/2017 at 1:45 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

How much are you expecting to spend? I think the Apple store repairs iPhones screens for about $150, and you can find repair shops around that do it for $100. I'd image that it's similar for android phones. 

Thats what i thought too. But the quote i got for my galaxy was 370! I may as well just hold off another month or two and buy the galaxy 8. I think its cheaper with a contract renewal

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats what i thought too. But the quote i got for my galaxy was 370! I may as well just hold off another month or two and buy the galaxy 8. I think its cheaper with a contract renewal

Yeah, that is way too expensive.  As I said, the parts just cost about $25.  I think they were saying at the galaxy store, they were charging close to $200, which seemed on the high side. 

BTW, in a different thought.  I thought this was a missed opportunity for a certain company entering it's second bankruptcy.  When you think of a certain Shack, it was about getting parts and fixing Radio's.  Well, Radio's as it was, are obsolete.  But fixing phones and computers is IMO, an opportunity lost for them. 

56 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, that is way too expensive.  As I said, the parts just cost about $25.  I think they were saying at the galaxy store, they were charging close to $200, which seemed on the high side. 

BTW, in a different thought.  I thought this was a missed opportunity for a certain company entering it's second bankruptcy.  When you think of a certain Shack, it was about getting parts and fixing Radio's.  Well, Radio's as it was, are obsolete.  But fixing phones and computers is IMO, an opportunity lost for them. 

Last I heard Sprint was buying most of their stores.  I agree with you, they kinda turned a blind eye to the service aspect.  Of course they wouldn't want to train anyone to do it.  

I have an S7 Edge, and from what I have read, the way that they are assembled it is all but impossible to replace anything glass on them. It's major surgery, and getting it back together correctly isn't a guarantee. I dropped mine and cracked a corner on the back before my case arrived, and I gave up on getting it repaired.