• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official World Baseball Classic Thread

m0nkey

I really liked what Simmons had to say about the WBC.

“I can’t predict the future, but I definitely feel more locked in than normal in spring training,” said Simmons, a Curaçao native who played for the Netherlands. “It’s a lot more focused at-bats. A lot more intense. You are are focused (in spring training) but you are not selling out for an at-bat. When you’re trying to win something, you are more focused.”

Then there's Noah Syndergaard  :

The New York Times asked Syndergaard if he had any regrets not suiting up for the U.S. He did not. The reason?

“Because I’m a Met,” Syndergaard said. “Ain’t nobody make it to the Hall of Fame and win the World Series playing in the WBC.”

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Then there's Noah Syndergaard  :

The New York Times asked Syndergaard if he had any regrets not suiting up for the U.S. He did not. The reason?

“Because I’m a Met,” Syndergaard said. “Ain’t nobody make it to the Hall of Fame and win the World Series playing in the WBC.”

Seth Lugo says Hi

I think the reason for the lack of popularity among Americans is pretty straight forward. We are universally overconfident, unquestionably sure of our nations superiority that the lack of success in the WBC (up to this point) forces us to either question that superiority or chalk it up to the flaws in the WBC.

I think a win for the US tonight is pretty huge for the WBC. For America to win, but for the road to be difficult will help confirm both our expectations for how this tournament should go and MLB's position that the world is gaining ground.

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

The WBC is here to stay. Great way to promote the game around the world. Haters can hate ... but true fans of the game love it for many reasons. 

Country Pride Competition Emotion Fun Joy of the game! etc ...

Go USA!

I think a lot of people just search for reasons NOT to like this event, rather than just enjoying it for what it is, as it is.

The major league season is a long ass tough grind, and if a player doesn't want to add another month or so to that, well, it should be, and is, their decision. These are great f'n teams..I mean great f'n teams. Great f'n teams playin great f'n baseball.

I don't get the bitching and moaning.  What's not to like here?

57 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the reason for the lack of popularity among Americans is pretty straight forward. We are universally overconfident, unquestionably sure of our nations superiority that the lack of success in the WBC (up to this point) forces us to either question that superiority or chalk it up to the flaws in the WBC.

I think a win for the US tonight is pretty huge for the WBC. For America to win, but for the road to be difficult will help confirm both our expectations for how this tournament should go and MLB's position that the world is gaining ground.

It's more than that. Americans, as a whole, are so dollar oriented, rather than country oriented. The WBC is not important because it isnt their paying gig. Read between the lines. The WBC isnt important because an injury might cost them dollars down the road. Players from other countries dont care about that. They want to represent their country. It's an honor. How sad that there aren't more Americans dying to represent this most American of sports.

I REALLY respect guys like Hosmer, Lucroy, Cutch, Kinsler, etc, that are, potentially, in their walk year. An injury can change their whole career. But they still decided to represent their country. My hat is off to them.

I guarantee there are many on this site that dissed the WBC the whole way.............and are watching the game and wont admit. Closet bandwagoners! 

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

That kid has one hell of a curveball/slider. Wow

Reminds me of a young Venezuelan kid back in 2002. Thats another part of this, seeing players you might not get to see otherwise.

No kidding. I love to see the different styles of play, especially the quirkiness of Japanese pitchers and hitters. Hell, so many of the hitters look like Ichiro at the plate.