• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oscars with a Steve Harvey ending

1 hour ago, cezero said:

I saw Moonlight in the theater, and the only other Oscar nominee I saw this year was Arrival, which I watched Sat night. 

I have Manchester by the Sea rented, but haven't activated it on Amazon Video yet. I'm thinking I'll watch it tonight. 

Not sure when I'll get to the rest if ever. 

I'm kind of interested in La La Land, but I'm just not sure. I'm a big music theater fan, but tend to really not like film adaptations of Broadway musicals. The only ones I've ever realy liked was the movie version of 1776 and West Side Story. But La La Land isn't adapted, and since it was made for the big screen, I'm thinking I'll enjoy it. 

Also, there was an ad for the new Beauty and Beast movie, and the autotuning of Emma Watson is ridiculous. Almost sounds completely synthetic.

Don't go into LaLa Land expecting a traditional musical and you will be fine. Also don't expect great singing voices or a lot of chemistry.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Had no interest in listening to rich hollywood actors talking about politics all night long.

Wonder how the ratings were.

I turned it off when it got real political.  What I saw from Kimmel was good, and he kept the politics to mild sarcasm. 

Although I do find it ironic, that the champions for free speech, are not even allowing free speech at their big awards.  And saying that if you want to broadcast anything involving the Oscars red carpet, you have to pay.

13 minutes ago, cezero said:

oops, i did see hell or high water, too. so i saw 3 nominees this year.

other than moonlight, hell or high water was by far the most politically left of the nominees, imo. explicitly so.

anyway, looking forward to seeing the rest, in order of interest.

Manchester by the Sea
Fences
Hacksaw Ridge
La La Land
Hidden Figures
Lion

Manchester by the Sea is coming to prime on May 5.  Actually surprised it isn't already on Prime before the Oscars, but whatev.