• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Political Gallery

Chuck

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Using census demographic estimates as of 2019:

54.1% of mass shootings by Whites (non-Hispanic) who make up 60.1% of the population

17.2% of mass shootings by Blacks who make up 13.4% of the population

8.2% of mass shootings by Hispanics who make up 18.5% of the population

7.4% of mass shootings by Asians who make up 5.9% of the population 

2.46% of mass shootings by Native Americans who make up 1.3% (includes Native Alaskans) of the population

What category do the middle easterners fall into?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

This is why people should look at data and ignore what they see and read in the media 

This is absolutely true, especially when news stories start tossing around percentages and other numbers. Journalists aren't good at math and statistics.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Using census demographic estimates as of 2019:

54.1% of mass shootings by Whites (non-Hispanic) who make up 60.1% of the population

17.2% of mass shootings by Blacks who make up 13.4% of the population

8.2% of mass shootings by Hispanics who make up 18.5% of the population

7.4% of mass shootings by Asians who make up 5.9% of the population 

2.46% of mass shootings by Native Americans who make up 1.3% (includes Native Alaskans) of the population

So Hispanics and Whites are relatively mellow while the other races obviously have issues.

25 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I don't get the gun hate. I kinda enjoy the security my guns provide. I am getting a little old to fight especially when facing multiple threats. I am much more relaxed knowing that I have the means to end most disputes.

There is no gun hate, all made up in your own minds.  I am proud of the security it provides you, I am not coming into your place uninvited. The discussion is the security it provides others when someone opens fire at the KFC. Having better background checks is not gun hate but just fucking 3rd grade learning level shit. You obviously are responsible with your firearms, why would you want irresponsible people to just pick anything up at Guns R Us.  This shit is only made hard because it is politically advantageous. 

40 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I don't get the gun hate. I kinda enjoy the security my guns provide. I am getting a little old to fight especially when facing multiple threats. I am much more relaxed knowing that I have the means to end most disputes.

For the politicians, they don’t want people to have guns for the purposes of control. They know the dumb laws they propose will not stop the violence as the ones committing  the violence aren’t target with the laws. Hell, the new DA in Los Angeles won’t allow his prosecutors to use gun enhancement charges now. There are certain gun wielding people that should be locked up as opposed to let out of prison. Start with that and see how the gun violence changes 

Edited by Jason

3 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

There is no gun hate, all made up in your own minds.  I am proud of the security it provides you, I am not coming into your place uninvited. The discussion is the security it provides others when someone opens fire at the KFC. Having better background checks is not gun hate but just fucking 3rd grade learning level shit. You obviously are responsible with your firearms, why would you want irresponsible people to just pick anything up at Guns R Us.  This shit is only made hard because it is politically advantageous. 

You can 3D print a gun now. That tech kind of changes things 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can 3D print a gun now. That tech kind of changes things 

Well I guess I hate that idea but nobody hates you wanting to buy a shotgun like Jay tried but was out of stock, obviously nobody is taking away anyone's guns ever. Apparently you missed my whole point and came up with something else. You think Achmed should just go to staples and get himself a 3D gun printer or should there be restrictions?  Is that gun hating.

28 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Well I guess I hate that idea but nobody hates you wanting to buy a shotgun like Jay tried but was out of stock, obviously nobody is taking away anyone's guns ever. Apparently you missed my whole point and came up with something else. You think Achmed should just go to staples and get himself a 3D gun printer or should there be restrictions?  Is that gun hating.

I don’t know how you stop Achmed from doing that. My point is that background checks are not going to do a damn thing. Most of these psycho shooters by their guns legally and pass those background checks

Edited by Jason

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don’t know how you stop Achmed from doing that. My point is that background checks are not going to do a damn thing. Most of these psycho shooters by their guns legally and pass those background checks

I would need stats, I have to doubt that.  I bought my gun it took few weeks.  These Rinky Dink gun stores and Gun shows are able to push anybody through.

34 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

I would need stats, I have to doubt that.  I bought my gun it took few weeks.  These Rinky Dink gun stores and Gun shows are able to push anybody through.

That is illegal and they should be held accountable then. I think the only recent “high profile” shooting that the gun man didn’t buy it legally was the Newton Kindergarten shooting. He stole that from his mom if I remember right

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That is illegal and they should be held accountable then. I think the only recent “high profile” shooting that the gun man didn’t buy it legally was the Newton Kindergarten shooting. He stole that from his mom if I remember right

What about the one where the guy was supposed to be on a do not sell list but they forgot to add him?

17 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What about the one where the guy was supposed to be on a do not sell list but they forgot to add him?

Was that the church shooting in Texas? The one where the Air Force failed to enter him into the system?

3 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Honestly, I don't mind background checks if it stopped there. The problem is it won't and the real talk is about banning assault rifles etc. Who need one is the argument. The man in Stl with 100 BLM assholes in his front yard needs one. But mass shootings is the other argument. Chicago has very strict gun laws and lose 10 or more every weekend to shootings. Most of these shooters ain't worried about gun laws. Banning simply creates a black market similar to drugs. The best way to stop the violence is to have more moral gun owners walking our streets. Mass shootings seldom occur at the gun range. The shooters actively seek gun free zones for a reason