• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad and the HOF- Angel or Expo?

Is Vladimir Guerrero a Hall of Famer? Expo? Angel?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. If Vladimir Guerrero is a Hall of Famer does he go in as an Expo? Angel?

• Expos Cap
    • Angels Cap
    • Blank Cap
    • Orioles
    • Rangers
    • Blue Jays AAA team
    • #1 Dad Cap

He played a little longer with the Expos in more of his prime years but he won his MVP with us and made his postseason appearances with us.  Most articles about him and the HOF show him in his Expos uniform.  Judging by his Twitter he seems sorta noncommittal to which hat he would prefer.  Would be nice to have a HOF player with an Angels cap on their plaque.

He should make it in 2018.

Seems like he may come up just short of the 75%, in a year with many candidates.

He had somewhat better numbers in Montreal, but never played in the post-season for them nor ever had an MVP season for them.

He should go in with a Halos cap on.   Expos already have Gary Carter and Andre Dawson representing them.

Vlad made his name and became a star in Montreal so I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be elected that he'd go in as an Expo. (I don't think it's his choice anyway)

Asking whether he should go in as an Angel or an Expo on Angelswin makes the consensus a foregone conclusion. lol

Having an Angel in the HOF would be very cool but I don't think it's going to be Vlad because his star was made in Montreal. The first Angel in the HOF should have been Nolan Ryan but the Angel front office at the time Ryan left insulted him and he held a grudge because of it. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Does he make it this year? Not hearing his name as someone who gets inducted this year.

With about 55 per cent of votes made public as it stands, he is on 71.5 per cent of ballots. He probably falls short but makes it next year.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Screw Montreal, they no longer exist and like you said, he won an MVP with us and made more playoff appearances than with any other team (none of which were with Montreal). 

Lastly, he had one of the best hits in his career against the Boston Red Sox in ALDS back in '09.

His 2004 ALDS Game 3 swing was pretty sweet as well (though the outcome of the game wasn't).

2 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

His 2004 ALDS Game 3 swing was pretty sweet as well (though the outcome of the game wasn't).

That's true. Totally forgot about that. 

Would you agree those two hits were the best of his career? Or most memorable? 

I think that would go a long way in deciding which team to go in as. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Screw Montreal, they no longer exist and like you said, he won an MVP with us and made more playoff appearances than with any other team (none of which were with Montreal). 

Lastly, he had one of the best hits in his career against the Boston Red Sox in ALDS back in '09.

Unfortunately if the HOF made Gary Carter and Andrew Dawson go in as Expos against their wishes I think Vlad will have to go in as an Expo.

Dawson won an MVP for his team of choice, the Cubs.  So Vlad's MVP with the Angels might not be enough.

I don't want this and hope I'm wrong.  

27 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Vlad made his name and became a star in Montreal so I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be elected that he'd go in as an Expo. (I don't think it's his choice anyway)

Asking whether he should go in as an Angel or an Expo on Angelswin makes the consensus a foregone conclusion. lol

Having an Angel in the HOF would be very cool but I don't think it's going to be Vlad because his star was made in Montreal. The first Angel in the HOF should have been Nolan Ryan but the Angel front office at the time Ryan left insulted him and he held a grudge because of it. Oh well. 

just makes it all the more sweet when the first halo representative in the HOF is gmjr.

If they go with Montreal, I'd be disappointed but I couldn't really argue with it. By bWAR, his three best seasons were in Montreal. 58 per cent of his career bWAR came from his time with the Expos. While his first two Anaheim years were outstanding and he won a few awards and made the playoffs four times with us, I can totally see why he and others would want him to go in as an Expo.

Just right the wrong of Ryan going in as a Ranger.    

Vlad maintained his superstardom here, and helped lead the Halos to 5 AL West titles and 2 ALCS appearances in 6 years.   He played only 160 fewer games here than he did for the Expos.

Dawson did have more post-season contending with the Expos.  Remember that his MVP with the Cubs in 1987 came with them finishing last in the AL East.   He also played about 570 more games with the Expos than he did with the Cubs.   It made sense for him to go in as an Expo.