• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Crazy video of plane crash in Afghanistan

Did it just lose power? Some kind of stall?

That's horrible. Honestly, with the way it landed, I was surprised to see it burst into flames. It seemed like it landed flat on its belly, not at some kind of angle.

Did it just lose power? Some kind of stall?

That's horrible. Honestly, with the way it landed, I was surprised to see it burst into flames. It seemed like it landed flat on its belly, not at some kind of angle.

There was definitely an aerodynamic stall. Looks like the left wing loses lift first, then the right. Odd how it almost levels off as it falls to the ground. What caused it, no idea.

I have nightmares that I witness exactly what is in that video

I have had reoccurring dreams like this too, for about the last 10 years. Haven't had one in a year though. I've never looked up what it means.

I can't believe we still risk American lives in that Hellhole.

The flight was evacuating equipment. As far as the plane pitching to the right and then nearly leveling off before it impacted the ground, a 747 pilot on CNN explained that rolling the plane over onto one wing and then leveling it as it descends is a way to recover from a stall. The pilot simply didn't have enough altitude to succeed in what he was trying to do.

One thing that I'm sure didn't help is that due to the danger of being shot down, pilots leaving Bagram use a much steeper angle of ascent than is normal for a routine flight. A higher pitch means more strain on the anchor points and the chains restraining the cargo, and it may have just been too much.