• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout's Talent is Wasted in the two-hole..

Since Scioscia doesn't send him or give him the green light hitting in front of Pujols. 

The lineup should be this, as I think it will get the O going, especially Hamilton (much like Torii last season -- and this season).

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Trumbo

Kendrick

Since Scioscia doesn't send him or give him the green light hitting in front of Pujols. 

The lineup should be this, as I think it will get the O going, especially Hamilton (much like Torii last season -- and this season).

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Trumbo

Kendrick

Aybar / (Bourjos if healthy)

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Trumbo

Kendrick

I agree batting Trout in front of Pujols isn't good if Trout's getting red lights.  That said giving Trout more RBI opportunities by batting second is good considering his power. We should put a speedster on base in front of him. Maybe even attempt some double steals. 

I agree, I don't like him in the 2 hole.  He was a great lead off hitter.

Now arguing that he can't play left field and is slumping because of it is silly.

I don't know if anyone's watching today's game but Trout doesn't appear any better defensively in center. More often than not misplaying any balls that land near the warning track. His defense has been terrible compared to last year all around. He hasn't looked good in CF or LF going back all the way to spring.

Trouts not comfortable with all that weight. I went from skinny to fat to skinny. Couldnt hit a baseball during the fat stage

You guys are only 1.5GB from breaking out of the cellar. Congratulations.

(I'm assuming the avatar means you're an Astros fan)

I have a different view.  I don't like a team's best sluggers performing any extra moves on the field or basepaths. 

Pujols is injured and Hamilton currently sucks.  What if Trout gets injured on a slide attempt into 2B?  That's another injury we can't afford to swallow...

I don't know if anyone's watching today's game but Trout doesn't appear any better defensively in center. More often than not misplaying any balls that land near the warning track. His defense has been terrible compared to last year all around. He hasn't looked good in CF or LF going back all the way to spring.

He doesn't look like the same player offensively either!

he looks really overweight to me, especially compared to last season

he nearly broke himself in half with that fly ball yesterday, bordering on cumbersome

lol he is not fat or overweight. Enough of these comments already. Good grief.

I agree batting Trout in front of Pujols isn't good if Trout's getting red lights.  That said giving Trout more RBI opportunities by batting second is good considering his power. We should put a speedster on base in front of him. Maybe even attempt some double steals. 

Except teams would just pitch out to Hamilton.....and he would probably swing.

Aybar / (Bourjos if healthy)

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Trumbo

Kendrick

Having Hamilton bat behind Trout is actually an interesting idea that 1) could give Trout a better chance to swipe 2nd on pitches low and away (that Josh will keep swinging at) and 2) could give Josh better pitches to hit as they'll be concerned about trying to get Trout out as he's going for 2nd.  

But ... scoring 9 runs a game won't make much difference if we're giving up 10.

Except teams would just pitch out to Hamilton.....and he would probably swing.

This is only funny because its true.

While I agree there I something going on with Trout, soph slump or something different, and I wanted Chucks line up from the beginning, Offense isn't our issue. We have scored 14 runs over the last two games (only one of those runs in extras) and have given up 20. That is crazy.

This is another fangraphs statement that isn't facutal.

Your best bat control hitter should be 2nd, that means a guy that is your best contact/situational hitter but that does not mean your best run poducer. The #2 hitter's sole responsibilty is to get the leadoff hitter safely to scoring position whether it is by hit, walk or sacrifice. After that your best hitter for average and power is then inserted to increase your odds that a runner in scoring position does just that and is not just station to station moved to the next available base. Your following number 4 hitter is traditionaly the cleanup hitter and that is what he supposed to do, clear remaining runners in scoring position or game change with a home run.

But the #2 hitter is not statisticly speaking in terms of BA/OBP/SLG/OPS your best hitter. Where we agree is Hamilton has no business in the top of the batting order.

Hamilton should not be hitting anywhere near the top of the lineup...at least not now.

The best hitter should be hitting second despite conventional "wisdom".

I liked having Bourjos as lead off with Trout batting second. When Bourjos comes back they should go back to that line up and move Aybar into the 5 spot so we can get another man on base after Hamilton K's from down and out pitches 8 inches off the plate.

lol he is not fat or overweight. Enough of these comments already. Good grief.

Dude is a 21 year old professional athlete with a double chin/triple chin when he smiles.  He's not fat but he's certainly not in the best shape he could be in or even the same shape as last year.  It's obvious by his regressed outfield defense.