• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lackey Is A Horse!

ELEVEN

7 hours ago, wopphil said:

If the Cubs win the world series, will Lackey get credit for the Triple Crown (WS wins with the Angels, Red Sox and Cubs)?

If he does he will have won a WS with three teams that were by many believed to have been cursed....   Say what you will, John Lackey will have had a pretty eventful and successful MLB career.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

If he does he will have won a WS with three teams that were by many believed to have been cursed....   Say what you will, John Lackey will have had a pretty eventful and successful MLB career.

Can we say that Lackey was the best player from the 2002 team?

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lots of playoff experience. He has been a stable of the postseason, for sure. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Can we say that Lackey was the best player from the 2002 team?

Thats a pretty good question.   Based on pure physical talent ..  I'd have said Glaus, but on career productivity, Lackey is hard to beat.   Glaus was on his way to being a special player then the back issues hit him.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Thats a pretty good question.   Based on pure physical talent ..  I'd have said Glaus, but on career productivity, Lackey is hard to beat.   Glaus was on his way to being a special player then the back issues hit him.

The steroids he took helped as well. 

42 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Lowest H9 in his career. He's getting better with age. He could very well finish his career with 200 wins / 2500 K's in 3000 innings pitched. HOF material.

Not enough for MLB HOF, but could a Halos HOF induction be forthcoming once his career is over?   He only pitched for 7.5 seasons here.

Ive always regretted letting him go. And yes, i know he had arm problems in boston and missed time, but the negotiations should have been handled better....at least the angels should have learned from it...but sadly,didnt.

I know lackey and nap are argument starters on here, and both sides have points. But you see their value since they left, and their clubhouse rep...the 2000s teams had a different chemistry that we havent really seen since. Lackey for sure was a big part of it. Napoli could have been....

Shoulder shrug.

Remember all the laughing at Lackey's contract with Boston, after his terrible first two seasons? One thing I have learned (or at least tried to) recently is not to do a victory lap before the race is over, because sometimes things change very emphatically in this game very quickly. Lackey ended up being paid about $81 million over that contract and was worth 9.5 wins, or $8.5 million for win (which is about the dollars per win market rate). That contract ended up being just fine.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive always regretted letting him go. And yes, i know he had arm problems in boston and missed time, but the negotiations should have been handled better....at least the angels should have learned from it...but sadly,didnt.

I know lackey and nap are argument starters on here, and both sides have points. But you see their value since they left, and their clubhouse rep...the 2000s teams had a different chemistry that we havent really seen since. Lackey for sure was a big part of it. Napoli could have been....

Shoulder shrug.

Ocho, why the long face?