• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

5 hours ago, ukyah said:

i remember when bochy was the manager down here in san diego. he was routinely out managing his opponent, and he still left town significantly under .500 as a manager. now, he's a first ballot hof manager. he's putting himself in the all time conversation.

Did a much better job managing his team in last night's extra inning affair than Maddon did. Maddon burned through his entire bench and bullpen by the end of the 9th inning. Still, likely won't matter in the end because the Cubs have far and away the best roster in baseball.

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Kershaw gets the ball for game 4

The Dodgers could really live to regret this move. Like Dayglo I don't like it at all. I hate the Dogs but I have a lot of respect for Kershaw, and if he has a poor outing or worse yet gets hurt, it will have lasting effects on him

Stupid IMO. 

1 hour ago, halobob said:

The Dodgers are idiots for giving Kersh the ball on short rest today.  Urias at home + Kersh full rest on road for game 5 > Kersh short rest on for game 4 + Hill short rest or Urias game 5 on road.

It's an interesting debate. I see your point. But for me, there is no game 5 if you don't win game 4. When you're facing elimination, you have to do everything in your power to win the game in front of you, and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Kershaw is your horse, you knew you were going to have to ride him in the playoffs to have any success. I'll take my veteran ace over putting the entire season on the shoulders of a rookie teenage pitcher.

Also, you never know what could happen in game 5. Maybe Scherzer implodes or gets hurt, your offense has a big day, and it doesn't even matter who you start.

Like I said, I see both sides of the argument, but I side with the Dodgers on this one, I like the move to use Kershaw today.

A Washington team last won a postseason series in 1924. They won it all that year. The Series went to seven games, and the finale was a 12-inning affair, still the longest (by innings) Game 7 in history.

NY Giants catcher Hank Gowdy failed to catch a routine foul pop-up because he got his foot caught in the catcher's mask he had tossed away and was distracted. That error opened the door to a rally in the bottom of the 9th and led to a Washington win.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/catcher-mask-hank-gowdy-bad-dat-1924-chapter-84-article-1.675350

A 2pm Tuesday game in Los Angeles? Unheard of. Only people in attendance are those that don't have jobs or are so rich they don't have to show up to work. 

I hope Kershaw f***ing chokes. What was Werth swinging at? 

BTW there's no way I can listen to Harold Reynolds this entire game. He's unbearably dumb. And he talks non-stop. Shut the f*** up!

2 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Oh lord. Two bloop hits and a "walk" which was actually strike 3 and we're on our way to 12 more months of this "Kershaw can't pitch in the playoffs" bullshit.

Dude. It's the first inning. 

And Kershaw can't pitch in the playoffs. 

And he's lucky Rendon didn't just jack that one.