• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs

Ohtaniland

13 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Those 5+ era's won't keep him in the rotation very long.  

He'll be in the rotation for the rest of the year no matter how he pitches, unless he get's injured. The Angels need him to be a solid starter for 2017 and beyond so will give him every chance to figure things out now.

10 hours ago, Glen said:

It'd be nice to have an Angels player return from injury and exceed expectations, instead of failing to meet them. Fuck, man. There's always an excuse. I'm tired of excuses or reasons why someone is underperforming.

Yup. There's just something off about this organization - it really needs a shake-up. I'm not a Scioscia hater, but I think we need a change, new energy and approach.

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He is struggling but he still has a nice future. He has really solid stuff. I still think he is more of a number 3 starter than a top of the rotation guy when it's all said and done though.

Agreed. But if he pitches 7 shut-out innings in his next start, he'll be a No. 2 again. But if he goes 4 innings and gives up 6 runs, he'll be a No. 4 or 5.

The part that is the most concerning to me is the .400 avg. on 0-2 and 1-2 counts.  Can't figure that one out.  Saw it quite a bit last night vs. Toronto.

Angels had to rush him from AAA to fill a void...just have to be patient with him now.

I think most teams would take a left handed #3/4 starter with a 92-95 fastball, good curve and ok changeup who is 25.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Maybe so but you were correct about this one. Either he is a major league pitcher or he's not. Better to find out sooner than later. 

^^^This^^^....Some didn't want to use Meyer for the rest of the year either....you don't run a guy out there if he is hurt but if he seems healthy (and we assume both Meyer and Skaggs were cleared), then you have to see what they can do...both are young guys without a lot of big league experience.....take off the training wheels...