• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton placed on unconditional release waivers.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Admitted to using cocaine.  By admitting he would test positive for illegal drugs, he didn't get suspended and found a flaw in MLBs testing program.

I hope the CBA closes that loophole.  I don't have a problem with a reduction in penalty for self-disclosure,  but there must be a substantial penalty nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Was there anyone here that liked the signing and defended it?  I was vocal about wanting Torii back and not wanting Hamilton.  I have to think that most of the fanbase did not want Hamilton here.

Do you really think that at this point someone is going to admit that they badly wanted Hamilton here?Those who did wanted hi9s production here, but we got an idiot instead.

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Was there anyone here that liked the signing and defended it?  I was vocal about wanting Torii back and not wanting Hamilton.  I have to think that most of the fanbase did not want Hamilton here.

I wanted Torii back but wasn't upset about the Hamilton signing.  I'm upset now.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We'd still have signed Hamilton, just for $20 million less, and you would still have the exact same perception you do now.

Yes we would have, but if there was a amnesty option, we could do that to him, and sign other players the past off season.

You can't let one bad contract handicap teams and fan interest for 3+ years.

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I was on the fence about it. It was time to move on from Torii, he declined pretty rapidly. I was concerned when I first heard about Hamilton but there was a little excitement too. I figured, to get to that point, the Angels must have done some serious due diligence to convince themselves it was okay. I guess I gave us too much credit.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I'm down. I'd rather keep my team young and hungry and in the last year of a deal right before they hit 30 trade for prospects  then to sign anyone over 30 to 7 8 year contracts. Just bizarre to me

You just described Oakland. They are good for a 2 or 3 years and then rebuild for a decade until they can contend again. As soon as their stars reach arbitration or at the very least approach free agency, they trade them away for ...

54 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'll admit I thought he'd have one maybe two explosive years out of the five.  I wouldn't say I was in favor of the deal, but I thought it would be worth it if he got hot in a single September heading into the playoffs.  Instead he just waved waved waved at breaking balls out of the zone.