• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout actually sucks

18 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, he's slumping big time...timing is way off and it appears to K's might be a result of him trying to hit more extra basehits.  Every player slumps but it could be worse (see Bryce Harper)

Harper is an enigma. Jeff Sullivan did an analysis which basically said 2015 was a fluke. Maybe not completely, but it wasn't repeatable. That said, Harper seems to be hitting better after coming back. I don't think he'll ever hit .330/.460/.649 again, but I do think he'll hit something like .290/.950+.

As for Trout, for whatever reason he just isn't as good in the second half. His season high OPS was 1.002 on July 2. Since then he's hit .264/.427/.472 in 41 games and 164 PA (not including today), which is very good but not Trout-esque.

Dude was not very good last night. Speaking of not very good the greatest defensive short stop of all time last night had a routine grounder to short and couldn't throw to the 1st baseman. Man I have seen 3 games in person now and each game I have seen Simmons seems to make an error. 

12 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Dude was not very good last night. Speaking of not very good the greatest defensive short stop of all time last night had a routine grounder to short and couldn't throw to the 1st baseman. Man I have seen 3 games in person now and each game I have seen Simmons seems to make an error. 

Yea Simmons has ten errors this year.  Great SS make errors.  Ozzie averaged almost 15 errors a season. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Harper is an enigma. Jeff Sullivan did an analysis which basically said 2015 was a fluke. Maybe not completely, but it wasn't repeatable. That said, Harper seems to be hitting better after coming back. I don't think he'll ever hit .330/.460/.649 again, but I do think he'll hit something like .290/.950+.

As for Trout, for whatever reason he just isn't as good in the second half. His season high OPS was 1.002 on July 2. Since then he's hit .264/.427/.472 in 41 games and 164 PA (not including today), which is very good but not Trout-esque.

I am certainly not a fan of Bryce or his douchbaggery but I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a few more of those elite seasons. Then again who knows, its baseball. That said, some of the Trout/Harper discussions on here after that one season from Harper were ridiculous. Trout has been the model of consistency since he broke into the league and would absolutely be chosen by at least 90% of GM's if given the choice of the two. 

As for the splits in the second half that is a head scratcher. I don't know if its more endurance or the mental grind. Either way he'll pick it up at some point I'm sure. Dog days of August.

39 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

He must of had a off day today ...

no errors only 2 rbis 

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Kevin attending a game is the same bad luck as scott34 shaking hands

Stop going to the games kevin. (Unless you have kids that just enjoy the fun atmosphere)

I don't. And this is true I've been to 3 games because a friend had an extra ticket and the Angels have lost every game I went to.