• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels 8/16 7:05

Robrock30

ANGELS_0.PNG
Angels 
Lineup 8/16
7:05 PST
SEA: Ariel Miranda (L) (1-0, 6.00)
LAA:
Jhoulys Chacin (R) (3-8, 5.84)

1. Norichika Aoki (L) LF
2. Seth Smith (L) DH
3. Robinson Cano (L) 2B
4. Nelson Cruz (R) RF
5. Kyle Seager (L) 3B
6. Adam Lind (L) 1B
7. Mike Zunino (R) C
8. Leonys Martin (L) CF
9. Ketel Marte (S) SS

1. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Jefry Marte (R) 1B
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Geovany Soto (R) C
8. Gregorio Petit (R) 2B
9. Nick Buss (L) LF

Small sample size alert, but a lot of these guys are in pretty terrible slumps...as I'm sure you would guess given the losing streak. Pujols is 4 for his last 37 and has a .562 OPS in his past 22 games. Simmons has 1 XBH in his past 73 ABs. Calhoun has a .580 OPS since July 24. Since his five hit game in late July, Escobar has a .549 OPS.

:burping-emoticon:

GO ANGELS!!! Go Jhoulys Chacin!!

I'm somewhat confused today, Jhoulys. Do I want you to start a winning streak? Or do I want Angels' team history made: Longest losing streak within a season?

Go FTW? Go 4 history?

Oh well. I guess I'm plunking for THE WIN!! Avoid a sweep!!!

Trout and Albert, what happened to that offensive machine that came roaring out of the All-Star break and gave us a 12-6 tease for awhile? Go find your strokes, gentlemen!

FWIW, 538 rates the Mariners with Miranda a 53 percent chance of beating Chacin.

2 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Small sample size alert, but a lot of these guys are in pretty terrible slumps...as I'm sure you would guess given the losing streak. Pujols is 4 for his last 37 and has a .562 OPS in his past 22 games. Simmons has 1 XBH in his past 73 ABs. Calhoun has a .580 OPS since July 24. Since his five hit game in late July, Escobar has a .549 OPS.

Dog Days of August. Players are worn out.

The whole team is worn out and beaten down.

9 minutes ago, Robrock30 said:

Geovany Soto was scratched from the Angels' starting lineup versus the Mariners and Andrelton Simmons was scratched from the Angels' lineup Tuesday with rib cage discomfort. 

The both have rib cage discomfort?? What are the odds of that?!

And what are the odds that we'll have any healthy players at all by the end of next week, at this rate?

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The both have rib cage discomfort?? What are the odds of that?!

And what are the odds that we'll have any healthy players at all by the end of next week, at this rate?

Simba took a hard one from Felix last night high on the rib cage. He was in a lot of pain but stayed in the game. Now he's still in pain. Maybe he'll get an X-ray or MRI.

I don't think the rib cage mention related to Soto.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This is what happens when you pick up a pitcher who started their career with the Rockies. Never trust Rockies pitchers

No, this is what happens when you sign a pitcher released by the team with the worst record.