• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on 11 game losing streak: "You turn the page from every game"

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This team has a shot to end up with the worst record in baseball. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

I worried we were going to keep up our decent July and push towards complete mediocrity. I guess not.

Also we're now on pace to go 67-95. If we go .295 from here (or 13-31) we get to 100 losses. We'll probably end up in the mid 90s but 100 isn't impossible.

25 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

What do you expect him to say. "honestly guys fuck it I can't manage 24 pieces of shit and Trout and be expected to win a baseball game can Arte and Eppler please get me some fucking help because Trout and I have been talking and he's about ready to say he pulled a hammy and head off to Hawaii for the rest of the season, and I'm going to Italy for some solid lasagna because dammit to hell I can't find a decent Italian restaurant in Orange County to save my life, and fuck the drive I have back to Thousand Oaks everyday is killing me can I please get Kobe's helicopter?"

Yes, yes I do expect to hear that.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

At some point it's time for a change. Just because.

He's been here for what is starting to seem like forever, and we've won zero playoff games since 2009.

Two more years of this?? In that case, why?

why now though?  The team is a disaster.  What manager high quality manager are you going to lure here at this point?

I would really like someone to tell me how with this roster Mike is supposed to do anything more than he's doing. He has 1 all star positional player. No all star starting pitchers, no all star bull pen pitchers. a shit bench and about absolute nothing in the minor leagues. How are you supposed to win with a team built like this. Now if you wanna argue he and Arte are reasons why this team is where they are with the talent than sure I will grant you some of that but come on. Even the mighty Joe Madden couldn't win with this bunch of donkeys in our line up and in our rotation.

So heres what I don't get, when the team is doing well, the manager will always get a large chunk of the credit. Hardly anyone says "we won 95 games, but we did it in spite of the manager." But when the team struggles, it's always something else: the injuries, the lack of talent, the GM, the owner, etc. So at what point do you actually fire a manager? 

Personally, I will bet money that Scioscia is extended after his current contract. Isn't he also only in his mid 50s? I fully expect him to be here for another 15 or so years regardless of team performance.

29 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

why now though?  The team is a disaster.  What manager high quality manager are you going to lure here at this point?

Don't know who you consider a high quality manager, but assuming Tommy Lasorda is unavailable we could start with Roenike (sp?) or Black.

1 hour ago, Oz27 said:

I worried we were going to keep up our decent July and push towards complete mediocrity. I guess not.

Also we're now on pace to go 67-95. If we go .295 from here (or 13-31) we get to 100 losses. We'll probably end up in the mid 90s but 100 isn't impossible.

The Angels haven't lost that many games in like 36 years(since 1980 I believe).

32 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

So heres what I don't get, when the team is doing well, the manager will always get a large chunk of the credit. Hardly anyone says "we won 95 games, but we did it in spite of the manager." But when the team struggles, it's always something else: the injuries, the lack of talent, the GM, the owner, etc. So at what point do you actually fire a manager? 

Personally, I will bet money that Scioscia is extended after his current contract. Isn't he also only in his mid 50s? I fully expect him to be here for another 15 or so years regardless of team performance.

lol... Don't question the logic of superfans. Just shake your head and move on.

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is Arte even still around?

I don't think I've seen him since the Jerry/Mike loser leaves town match. I googled him and looks like his last interview was around 6 months ago. I did have to laugh when I saw the opening sentence to his Forbes billionaires list profile. " One of the best-loved owners in Major League Baseball".

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

The Angels could implement a puppy-kiling policy, where they force players to brutally destroy any puppy in Southern California, and some here would find a way to support it.

And yeah, I agree he gets extended. In fact I think that could happen as soon as this offseason, but more likely next year. 15 years might be a bit much but if Moreno is still owner I'd expect him to lead us into the 2020s.

22 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

The Angels could implement a puppy-kiling policy, where they force players to brutally destroy any puppy in Southern California, and some here would find a way to support it.

And yeah, I agree he gets extended. In fact I think that could happen as soon as this offseason, but more likely next year. 15 years might be a bit much but if Moreno is still owner I'd expect him to lead us into the 2020s.

I think I just threw up in my mouth