• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Nagy Effect

Nagy has fixed JC Ramirez, Deolis Guerra and now they're 2 of the more reliable relievers.  And he's helped develop Bedrosian into a guy who could become an elite closer. 

Shoemaker went from a guy who could be DFAed to the ace of the staff.  A few months ago, many were calling for Santiago's head and now they're sad that we gave him up for "dogshit". Yeah, he couldn't help Lincecum, but, I think he's far too gone to salvage.  

I don't think Eppler makes the trades unless he has confidence that Nagy can work with the new acquisitions.  And, I'm confident that he can  

3 hours ago, The God of Runs said:

Nagy has fixed JC Ramirez, Deolis Guerra and now they're 2 of the more reliable relievers.  And he's helped develop Bedrosian into a guy who could become an elite closer. 

Shoemaker went from a guy who could be DFAed to the ace of the staff.  A few months ago, many were calling for Santiago's head and now they're sad that we gave him up for "dogshit". Yeah, he couldn't help Lincecum, but, I think he's far too gone to salvage.  

I don't think Eppler makes the trades unless he has confidence that Nagy can work with the new acquisitions.  And, I'm confident that he can  

Never could figure out why Scioscia kept Butcher around so long.

So far, Butcher has lived up up his name with the Arizona staff. Greinke went from an ace to a #3 starter, Miller went from #2 starter to where they can't give him away, Pat Corbin used to be one of the most promising arms in the NL, now he's wrecked.

Its his fault, it's all his fault.

I gave up trying to evaluate pitching and hitting coaches long ago. It's just too hard. There are some guys who have improved big time this year, there are others who have regressed massively (see Huston Street and, to a lesser extent, Joe Smith). Some of the improvements were somewhat predictable, like Bedrosian, others weren't. But then how can you now how much of it we put down to luck, how much to players doing something differently on their own, how much to the pitching coach and how much to other factors? So unless it gets to the incredibly obvious point (Don Baylor practically sleeping on the bench might be an example), I've decided to just stop trying to judge pitching and hitting coaches.