• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Receiving Most Interest in Bedrosian

• The Angels have received the most trade interest in right-hander Cam Bedrosian, tweets MLB Network’s Peter Gammons. However, Gammons implies that a Bedrosian trade isn’t likely, suggesting that the Halos view him as a future closer. The 24-year-old is in the midst of an incredible season, having pitched to a 0.92 ERA with a 48-to-11 K/BB ratio and a 50.5 percent ground-ball rate. He’s controllable through the 2021 season, so it’s understandable that the Angels would strongly prefer to hang onto him. Then again, elite relief arms are commanding strong results, and while Bedrosian doesn’t have the track record thatKen Giles brought into the offseason, it’s possible that the Halos could get some meaningful pitching talent to add to their system if they did market him.

What you should do is sell high. Relief right now is paying crazy prospects. Why would you keep a bullpen piece when you can get 4-5 pieces. That's just crazy. Did you see what the Yankees got for Chapman and the other bullpen arm Top prospects multiple. For a guy who maybe pitches 30-50 innings. 

Either way hopefully we can net a reliever or two in the return who can help in the near future. This bullpen needs a complete makeover the only guys I want to be remain in it if Bedrosian is traded are Street, Guerra, Morin if he shows any flashes in September and maybe Chacin as he's done well as a long man and should be able to be re-signed for cheap. 

9 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Either way hopefully we can net a reliever or two in the return who can help in the near future. This bullpen needs a complete makeover the only guys I want to be remain in it if Bedrosian is traded are Street, Guerra, Morin if he shows any flashes in September and maybe Chacin as he's done well as a long man and should be able to be re-signed for cheap. 

There's no way we're trading Bedrosian for a couple of relief pitchers

Of course not I'm saying as a result of the entire deadline receive a relief arm or two as parts of the package in deals for Smith, Yunel, or Bedrosian. 

I personally hate the idea of trading multiple young prospects for a non-elite relief pitcher just because of how much the results fluctuate and how few innings they pitch so we might as well try to capitalize on the market now with Bedrosian. 

If we bomb and get a protected pick we could always blow our load on Chapman (I know he won't cost a pick now), Jansen, is Melancon a FA? Seems like there's one other legit closer a FA this year. Plus we have Street we could hold onto. 

Normally id say do it. Bedrosian is having a great year, but hes been lost before. RPs do that all the time, so in case hes having a fluke year, id say sell high (just because the return)

That said, keep him. Weve had bullpen problems forever. People have been projrcting him to do this for a long time. If hes for real, hes a great piece of the puzzle.

It's too soon to trade him.  Plus, we might need him in 2018.  Let him accumulate value for the next year and a half.  If we aren't in the mix by 2018, you can move him after he's been a dominant closer for a couple years.  

The elite relievers don't really fluctuate in terms of performance.  That's why their cost in trade is tremendous.  

Actually, he's been unhittable for two months.   That's a pretty decent stretch of games.   Maybe he finally figured it out, and is only 24.

Like I said, Shoe and K-Rod were nothing special in the minors either.    Pitchers can take a while to develop sometimes, especially when they lose a year plus to TJ surgery early on like Bedrosian did.  

5 hours ago, shine said:

Gas can Bedrosian has had a good month. His trade value is high right now.  Just like I Said; after Lincecums first start as an Angel his trade value would never be higher. Move Bedrosian now.

This post =:ZWx7k_f-maxage-0_s-200x150: