• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton expects to play in 2017

11 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Arte would have a stroke if Eppler did that.

Think for a moment. If Hamilton can make a comeback he doesn't cost the Angels a dime more to keep on the roster. His value at the trade deadline increases and the Angels can flip him for prospects. That at least recovers some value out of that God awful contract,  the Angels will still pay the full amount but get something in return. 

If it doesn't work out,  so what,  you put him out to pasture on the 60 day DL or DFA him. 

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Well no one will pick him up after the Rangers release him so essentially he will officially retire after 2017 but still receive his full pay.

His contract ends after the 2017 season so he won't get paid after the 2017 season whether he retires or not. I said he won't retire after this season because it would cost him $28,410,000 to retire after this season so he won't.

15 minutes ago, Ace_Shoemaker said:

His contract ends after the 2017 season so he won't get paid after the 2017 season whether he retires or not. I said he won't retire after this season because it would cost him $28,410,000 to retire after this season so he won't.

He will have some mysterious injury that will keep him out all of 2017.

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

Think for a moment. If Hamilton can make a comeback he doesn't cost the Angels a dime more to keep on the roster. His value at the trade deadline increases and the Angels can flip him for prospects. That at least recovers some value out of that God awful contract,  the Angels will still pay the full amount but get something in return. 

If it doesn't work out,  so what,  you put him out to pasture on the 60 day DL or DFA him. 

Exactly.  And you would think that he would do it for the organization that has done so much ($$$) for him.

On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Kevinb said:

Would be nice to see him fully recover put his demons behind him and play well again somewhere. His story was truly kind of inspiring, it was his own doing but what he came back from not many people ever do. But it's very unlikely he ever gets back to Josh Hamilton who was a beast on the field. 

No it wouldn't.

6 minutes ago, ELEVEN said:

No it wouldn't.

Why? Because he sucked for the Angels? What's wrong with having a player who used to be awesome be good again. Baseball needs good players. And it be a fun story if it happened. It won't happen but it be another good redemption story

18 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

from the smith to the mets thread i see they have a prospect named josh smoker. we could nickname him "rock" and bring him over to replace what we lost in the hamilton departure

Doesn't some team have a minor leaguer named Stoner or Boozer that we can get?

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Why? Because he sucked for the Angels? What's wrong with having a player who used to be awesome be good again. Baseball needs good players. And it be a fun story if it happened. It won't happen but it be another good redemption story

It was a good story the first time. Not so much the second time when he relapsed, and then tried to explain it away by saying that the team who handed him a bunch of cash after assurances that he was clean should have expected it. Then he hangs out with a buddy in Houston and draws a check for doing nothing, until he frustrates his team into cutting their losses and shipping him back to the place where he came from while getting nothing in return.

Sorry, I'm just not that sympathetic this time.

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

You guys super close and know him off the field? 

He's a piece of shit that took zero accountability in the entire situation.  The, "they knew what my deal was when they signed me", was the most ridiculous thing he could have said.  Fuck him.  Defending him is about as sad as it gets. 

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It was a good story the first time. Not so much the second time when he relapsed, and then tried to explain it away by saying that the team who handed him a bunch of cash after assurances that he was clean should have expected it. Then he hangs out with a buddy in Houston and draws a check for doing nothing, until he frustrates his team into cutting their losses and shipping him back to the place where he came from while getting nothing in return.

Sorry, I'm just not that sympathetic this time.

I understand I'm not saying he should get sympathy. I don't know drug addiction. Other than what other people around me have gone thru. It's something he did to himself. I'm just saying if he can recover it would be a nice story. Otherwise just another sad story of drug addiction in America where the outcome while likely end in death. Just hope he can pull himself out of that spiral for good whether I be performing at the major league level or just in the case of his family and for himself.