• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jefry Marte's blast last night

Chuck

50 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's always killed southpaws, so I like this platoon of Choi/Marte until Cron gets back. 

Agreed....and, if they both produce, maybe platoon them in LF when Cron is back....of course, I wouldn't want to upset any Hall of Famesque platoon of Nava/Robinson/Gentry/Cunningham/Ortega....

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Agreed....and, if they both produce, maybe platoon them in LF when Cron is back....of course, I wouldn't want to upset any Hall of Famesque platoon of Nava/Robinson/Gentry/Cunningham/Ortega....

Agreed! 

The Choi/Marte platoon could actually work.  I know Eppler planned on Nava/Gentry, but they looks pretty stupid to begin with. I'd like to pretend he envisioned this Choi/Marte thing happening but that's just giving him far too much credit. This platoon just fell in his lap.

In any case, I really want to see Dexter Fowler in LF next year. They should've signed him this year.

1 minute ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

The Choi/Marte platoon could actually work.  I know Eppler planned on Nava/Gentry, but they looks pretty stupid to begin with. I'd like to pretend he envisioned this Choi/Marte thing happening but that's just giving him far too much credit. This platoon just fell in his lap.

In any case, I really want to see Dexter Fowler in LF next year. They should've signed him this year.

I wanted him and Cespedes the most in the offseason.

13 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wanted him and Cespedes the most in the offseason.

I don't see the Cubs letting Fowler sign anywhere else. He's been key for them. Over the past 2 years, when he has gone on the DL the team has floundered. The record with and without Fowler isn't something that Theo will ignore. I expect him to get a nice extension next off-season.

Fowler is 30. The Cubs will probably offer him somewhere around 3y  50M.  

Is Arte gonna beat that?   Haha...nope.

Fact is Fowler as a player really isn't worth that much, but he's the glue leading off for the Cubs, and he's beloved in a happy clubhouse. He's as good as he is right now because of his surrounding cast. He will get something close to that and he'll stay in Chicago.

Cubs have an embarrassment of riches in terms of offense.  While Fowler may be some type of "Glue-ish" substance to the line-up/team, Schwarber, Contreras, Soler, Vogelbach, and Zagunis are all either up in the bigs or making noise in AAA who can play the OF in some capacity and will make league minimum.  With Heyward's contract looking more ill-advised as the days pass, Fowler is looking less than likely unless they move some pieces.

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I don't see the Cubs letting Fowler sign anywhere else. He's been key for them. Over the past 2 years, when he has gone on the DL the team has floundered. The record with and without Fowler isn't something that Theo will ignore. I expect him to get a nice extension next off-season.

The Cubs let him hit free agency last year AND they didn't bring him back until he agreed to a very team friendly one year offer. That'll tell you right there how much he's valued by the Cubs....

Plus you have to look at their OF without Fowler. They're getting Schwarber back, Soler is in RF. They have Almora in CF, and they need to find a spot for Javier Baez, who is killing it right now. 

7 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Cubs have an embarrassment of riches in terms of offense.  While Fowler may be some type of "Glue-ish" substance to the line-up/team, Schwarber, Contreras, Soler, Vogelbach, and Zagunis are all either up in the bigs or making noise in AAA who can play the OF in some capacity and will make league minimum.  With Heyward's contract looking more ill-advised as the days pass, Fowler is looking less than likely unless they move some pieces.

Volgelbach was just traded to Mariners for Montgomery (RP)

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2016/7/20/12243332/cubs-acquire-lhp-mike-montgomery-for-dan-vogelbach-paul-blackburn

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

Okay -  "While Fowler may be some type of "Glue-ish" substance to the line-up/team, Schwarber, Contreras, Soler, and Zagunis are all either up in the bigs or making noise in AAA who can play the OF in some capacity and will make league minimum."

Even if Contreras takes over at Catcher next season, they still have a combination of Schwarber, Soler, Zobrist, Heyward, Baez, and Almora that can rotate between the OF and the IF next season.  Fowler is an extra expense.

11 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Okay -  "While Fowler may be some type of "Glue-ish" substance to the line-up/team, Schwarber, Contreras, Soler, and Zagunis are all either up in the bigs or making noise in AAA who can play the OF in some capacity and will make league minimum."

Even if Contreras takes over at Catcher next season, they still have a combination of Schwarber, Soler, Zobrist, Heyward, Baez, and Almora that can rotate between the OF and the IF next season.  Fowler is an extra expense.

I follow the team, and It's still my opinion that the Cubs will offer Fowler a team friendly 3 year deal after the season. He's earned it and the Cubs just play better with him in the lineup. The numbers don't lie.

Schwarber  could actually be the one who is dealt. He's more of a DH/AL type player, he won't be helping at all this year, and they are looking at a WS THIS year. Like everyone points out, they are wealthy in OF types ..Soler isn't very good in the field and neither is Schwarber. They both look more like AL players.

Schwarber could bring a true ML Starter from the right club (Tampa?) that needs a young power bat for the future. 

1 hour ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

You can't really argue that they fell in his hands when he acquired both of them.