• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hyun-Soo Kim a possibility?

jecho_21

If the reports are true that they are trying to get him to possibly go back to Korea I can say with confidence they have seen enough to make the call that he just isn't a major leaguer. I doubt it has to do with his stats but rather his ability.

They are trying to send him to AAA and he is resisting. I wish Pitt had given up on Kang last year after he hit 200 and K'd 17 times in 45 spring training ABs. 

so basically because the O's were stupid enough to put a clause in his contract that allows him to block a demotion to the minors they either have to leave him on the 25-man roster or cut him while being on the hook for his salary...lol...well played O's.

Edited by Wallerrrr

so basically because the O's were stupid enough to put a clause in his contract that allows him to block a demotion to the minors they either have to leave him on the 25-man roster or cut him while being on the hook for his salary...lol...well played O's.

i don't think that's fair to the O's. he wasn't coming over here to sign a contract to play in the minors. contrary to what's being said in this thread the asian players are having quite a bit of success in mlb. it's no different than a AAA player breaking into the mlb, there's a period of adjustment. after that, it's on the individual player's ability to adapt.

Edited by ukyah

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Dude is killing it for the Orioles. He was someone I really wanted the Angels to get over Cespedes and Upton. Only cost $7 million for 2 years. 

14th best wrc+ in the AL and hitting .348. 

Never understood why we weren't more interested 

I distinctly remember one or two posters bumping an old thread mocking those of us who said he would be a worthwhile signing when there was talk of him not making the 25-man roster. Oops.

On March 30, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Turd Ferguson said:

So Kim has been written off because he is Asian and because he has had a bad spring training? Given the state of this franchise, it wouldn't surprise me if this is actually how we evaluate players.

Looks like Turd won the thread. At least until Kim has a bad 100 AB stretch and @Stradling or @Lou bump the this one up again. lol

If we had Kim, Hwang, Maeda, and Oh.  They would be the second third and fourth best players on this team.   Hwang was a bust.  But for what, $15 million, you would have 3 contributors. 

But who are we kidding. If those three were on this team, one would get ebola, the other zika, and the third would try a magic trick and impale themselves.

On March 31, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Stradling said:

If the reports are true that they are trying to get him to possibly go back to Korea I can say with confidence they have seen enough to make the call that he just isn't a major leaguer. I doubt it has to do with his stats but rather his ability.

Baseball is stupid.