• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

7 Untouchable Angels

3 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

Nobody should be "untouchable". All depends on the return. Obviously it would take a record haul to trade Trout.

Unlikely they are competitive next year. Absolutely trade Street. 

I'll ask the Trout-old question, what sort of record haul would it take for Trout?  For me, as much as I love prospects, there just isn't a package of prospects that I'd be willing to accept for Trout.  You can put Baez, Bryant, Soler, Rizzo, Russell and Almora together and I still wouldn't accept that for Trout. 

36 minutes ago, John Stellman said:

Mike Trout (OBVIOUSLY!), Kole Calhoun (Gold Glover), Andrelton Simmons (dWAR leader last 3 years), Albert Pujols ($24M/year contract?), Garrett Richards (top of the rotation starter), Andrew Heaney (top of the rotation potential) and Huston Street (closer deluxe).

Lol there's a lot of people on this list that would probably welcome a trade. Nobody is untouchable.

5 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

I'm a bit less protective of our assets.  To me, the only untouchables are Trout, Calhoun, Richards and Heaney.  The ones that aren't untouchable, but are still incredibly unlikely to be dealt are Tropeano, Skaggs, Shoemaker and Simmons.

I'll take a 2017 rotation of Richards (assuming the treatments work), Shoemaker, Tropeano, Skaggs, and (gulp) Santiago. Say thank you and goodbye to Lincecum and Chacin. And, sadly, Weaver.

53 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Richards isn't untouchable? Seriously? He is a non-tender candidate at this point. No way the team pays him $8 MIL each of the next two seasons to gamble that he might come back and be effective in 2018.

I couldn't say it better myself. 

bravo

He would have to sign a very team friendly extension first. 

Who are the 6 smiling faces in front of the BIG A?

Trout - Check

Garrett - Check

Street (LOL)

Albert (LOL sqaured)

Kole - Check

Weaver (He Gone)

Next?

Heandog - Skaggs - and Bud Black - That's my 7. Everyone else...say..BA BYE

31 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I doubt Street brings much in trade unless the Angels kick in a good portion of his $9M salary next season. He has more value to the Angels considering the state of our bullpen.

He has completely destroyed whatever trade value he may have had. He has been garbage this year - worse than even Salas.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Richards is untouchable? Seriously? He is a non-tender candidate at this point. No way the team pays him $8 MIL each of the next two seasons to gamble that he might come back and be effective in 2018.

Agreed.  Even with his new age treatment, chances are he's still going to need TJ.  He'll likely be 29 by the time he can throw a baseball again and 30 by the time he's back to his "normal self", if ever.  He had a lot of promise before his two brutal injuries, but the risk with pitchers will always be injury.

If another team wants to give up something of value (unlikely as it is at this point), you have to consider it.  

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

One untouchable...Trout

Trout, Calhoun, and Pujols (untradeable) possible keep Bandy, he throws out runners and hits better than others we've had at catcher, trade everyone else for prospects. Cowart can play 3B, Petit plays good defense at SS and hits better than Simmons. Anyone can play a better LF than what we have been putting out there so far. I am not holding my breath about Richards and Heaney returning any time soon. If we can get something good for them so be it.

Nobody is untouchable. Trout won't be traded because no team can afford the assets it would take to get him.

We have some assets that other teams might want (Calhoun, Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Escobar).

And then we have those who are untouchable because no other team would touch them with a ten-foot pole (Pujols, Wilson, Weaver).

Eppler should absolutely be listening on everybody.