• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout and the home run derby.

I want to see Trout compete in a home run derby. However, I have always been afraid of the slump that seems to follow those who participate. Given our current situation in the standings. I feel that this season may be the best opportunity with the least possible impact.

Thoughts?

Go Halos!!!

Anytime any of our players do something where they could get hurt and it's not really helping the team, I am not a fan.  

This year in particular with our injury mojo going the way it is, i would rather he steer clear.  

The curse is a myth statistically, but it doesn't mean that one guy can't be affected.  I don't want Trout to be that one guy.  

Albert has a .707 ops since the HRD last year.  Maybe it's anecdotal.  

Why risk it.  

Trumbo got a dislocated rib immediately following the HRD.  You can't tell me it had nothing to do with it.  

They swing as hard as they can up to 100 times.  You are exerting yourself beyond your normal routine.  

There is risk.  

Imagine if instead of a HRD, they had a fastest pitch contest.  Where they selected several pitchers to throw as hard as they can for 10 pitches per round.