• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oswaldo Arcia

Twins just DFA him. Former top 100 prospect in MLB who only just turned 25 years old a month ago. He was a career .297 hitter in the minors with good contact skills. That hasn't translated to the big leagues yet but he has a very nice, compact left-handed swing and has legitimate big time power. Would like to see the Halos try to bring him. They need more left-handed bats with pop and just need more potential/depth when it comes to hitters anyway. He's still young enough to buy into his potential which was that of an above average hitter with above average power.

On MLB radio network, Mike Ferrin thought the Angels would be a great fit. But Jim Duquette said he thinks the Angels are in denial about where the team is and wouldn't take a flyer on a young guy..Ferrin said they ought to stick him in LF and leave him alone for the rest of the year, see what he can do...

2 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Twins just DFA him. Former top 100 prospect in MLB who only just turned 25 years old a month ago. He was a career .297 hitter in the minors with good contact skills. That hasn't translated to the big leagues yet but he has a very nice, compact left-handed swing and has legitimate big time power. Would like to see the Halos try to bring him. They need more left-handed bats with pop and just need more potential/depth when it comes to hitters anyway. He's still young enough to buy into his potential which was that of an above average hitter with above average power.

So why give up on him so quickly? Was he bad in AAA also?

This is the type of buy low higher potential guy the Angels need to take a chance on.  Only time will tell whether or not he turns it around but as bad as he's been this year his OPS is far better than what the Angels have gotten out of LF.  Marte has been a nice surprise so far at the plate but he's going to come back down to earth and I'd rather have him guys like Arcia and Marte fighting for AB's in LF than some of the other guys the Angels have trotted out there.  

He's got legitimate left handed pop! And had pretty good power #'s in 2013 & 2014 with the Twins! in 2015 his sample size was much more smaller but his OBP% was higher. This season just due to #'s position wise and the need for Left handed pop. I believe you would have to jump if no one else below us in the standings picks him up! 

regarding the defensive side... I don't think the Cubbies cared to much with Schwarber playing in Left either due to it more about getting the bat in the lineup.

Our offense and production from the 5th - 9th spots has been horrendous, at some point you need to just take a look. Offense can sometimes cover deficiencies on the field.

I would almost put Marte at 3B, place Arcia in LF and then move Escobar to DH and sign Reyes to play 2B.  I think this lineup has more offensive potential than what we are currently running out there.

1. Escobar - DH Escobar and Reyes can flip dependent on Lefty/Righty on the mound. 

2. Reyes -2B

3. Trout - CF

4. AP #5 - 1B

5. Calhoun - RF

6. Marte - 3B

7. Arcia - LF

8. Perez/Bandy - C

9. Simmons - SS

9 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

9 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Grab him if you can get him on the cheap!!

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

he's a patsy.  

Angels AA Pitcher Jordan Frances Kipper was quoted as saying 'if they sign this guy, I'm gonna quit' 

A - AA pitcher with a career record 2 games below .500 and a career era of 4.51 with a 1.34 Whip maybe ought to worry more about himself...I mean really? Toss out a K per inning then pop off!.. just a thought~

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

jesus people.  do i have to spell it out?

Oswaldo .....is a patsy......

Jordan Francis Kipper ie JFK said he would quit if we sign him.....Oswald.....

sigh.  

So Doc which agency, the Russians or the USA, do you think were involved in the JFK assassination? I mean it has to be the KGB arCIA?

42 minutes ago, ettin said:

So Doc which agency, the Russians or the USA, do you think were involved in the JFK assassination? I mean it has to be the KGB arCIA?

So Arcia is Venezualan and JFK actually had a very strong relationship with Venezuelan president Romulo Bentancourt.  Betancourt was universally hated by other carribe nations or was he?  He visited JFK only months before he was assassinated.  hmmm.  I wonder why years later the Venezuelans are naming their kids Oswaldo.