• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sean Newcomb

wopphil

Anyone following his season? His ERA currently sits at 4.11. WHIP is 1.46. His h/9 is way up from last year, and his 5.1 bb/9 is terrible. He is 23 now, so not exactly young for AA. I am guessing he will fall out of the top 100 prospect lists soon enough.

And in the meantime...

Heyman adds that the Braves have “tried to dangle” Erick Aybar in trade talks, but he has no value at this point and could simply end up being released, creating an opportunity for one of Atlanta’s top-tier shortstop prospects (Dansby Swanson and Ozhaino Albies).

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/heymans-latest-teheran-ventura-cargo-lucroy-myers-turner.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Too soon to call Eppler the winner, but the trade is already starting to even out both short term and long term.

3 minutes ago, Dreams said:

And in the meantime...

Heyman adds that the Braves have “tried to dangle” Erick Aybar in trade talks, but he has no value at this point and could simply end up being released, creating an opportunity for one of Atlanta’s top-tier shortstop prospects (Dansby Swanson and Ozhaino Albies).

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/heymans-latest-teheran-ventura-cargo-lucroy-myers-turner.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Too soon to call Eppler the winner, but the trade is already starting to even out both short term and long term.

Win or lose ... the Angels got what they wanted. 

Moving on

Ellis has been very good.  Not sure why they've kept him at AA all year so far.  2.75 era, 78.2ip, 54h, 35bb, 61k.  A little bit of smoke there, but still good enough to move up.  The braves are trying to play games with service time.   Newcomb's peripherals are slightly worse, but there isn't a huge gap.  

Honestly, I think Ellis sticks in the rotation and Newcomb ends up in the bullpen.  

Erick Aybar is playing poorly because he's fully depressed.  He was an Angel lifer and was probably so bummed to get moved.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Erick Aybar is playing poorly because he's fully depressed.  He was an Angel lifer and was probably so bummed to get moved.

I still won't forget when Joe Saunders was practically in tears and choking up when FSW interviewed him in Texas the day he found out he got traded to Arizona in the Haren deal.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Ellis has been very good.  Not sure why they've kept him at AA all year so far.  2.75 era, 78.2ip, 54h, 35bb, 61k.  A little bit of smoke there, but still good enough to move up.  The braves are trying to play games with service time.   Newcomb's peripherals are slightly worse, but there isn't a huge gap.  

Honestly, I think Ellis sticks in the rotation and Newcomb ends up in the bullpen.  

Well, I hear 2B is up for grabs. Aybar would make for a fun utility infielder.

12 hours ago, Dreams said:

And in the meantime...

I don't want to think about Aybar being dangled.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, after adjusting for park effects neither Newcomb nor Ellis was really doing much of anything in AA....

http://www.statcorner.com/team/430/2016/Mississippi Braves   I didn't realize the park had been making their numbers look as good as they have but after seeing Ellis get wrecked in both of his AAA starts, I went looking at the park data and man is that a nice park to pitch in.

Going to be interesting to see how Newcomb does when he moves up to AAA -- his stuff is a lot better than Ellis's and he's been on a bit of a streak of late.