• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels.com message board shut down?

I used to look at the message board on the official Angels website along with this one, but gradually just started going to this one exclusively. A couple days ago, I decided to check out the other one after a long absence, but couldn't find a link. Then I Googled it to try and get in from the back door, but there was a message that the board was no longer available.

Does anyone know what happened with that board? Did the Angels just decided to shut it down? Was there a problem with stuff being posted? It seems unusual for a team to do that, and the other MLB.com sites I checked still have theirs.

1 hour ago, mpcincal said:

I used to look at the message board on the official Angels website along with this one, but gradually just started going to this one exclusively. A couple days ago, I decided to check out the other one after a long absence, but couldn't find a link. Then I Googled it to try and get in from the back door, but there was a message that the board was no longer available.

Does anyone know what happened with that board? Did the Angels just decided to shut it down? Was there a problem with stuff being posted? It seems unusual for a team to do that, and the other MLB.com sites I checked still have theirs.

The rumor was MLB was afraid a member may be on the verge of suicide do to replies he received from some of his stupid posts.

5 hours ago, Ace_Shoemaker? said:

The rumor was MLB was afraid a member may be on the verge of suicide do to replies he received from some of his stupid posts.

MLB lawyers ordered it shut down because they settled out of court with a family that claimed one of their own took his own life from participation on the board.  Who could this be other than Lee?

The other member had to be Charles.

It was MLB's fault for not banning these members sooner.  They angered posters for hijacking threads and diverting discussions to them.

Some of us had been there 15 years and it was bush league to sever some of those relationships because of poor administration. 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Just for the record, if a person ponders killing themselves over what anyone posted or directed to you on a message board, you have bigger issues. 

Also FTR, I will not shut this website down if any of you decide to off yourself. 

But what if the team itself makes me want to kill myself?

6 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Someone really killed themself from comments on a baseball message board?

I think it was after they finally decided to ban him for good.  Before that he started acting smug, as if he had the knowledge that no one could get rid of him.  This attitude probably got him banned.  Someone said at that point he was taking legal action.  Later I heard he died, nothing about suicide.  The family might used suicide in their grievance agains MLB. The other guy periodically said he was going to quit but never stayed away longer than a few weeks, which was a disappointment.  I guess fear of his participation prompted MLB to shut the whole thing down.

It sounds just as bizarre to me as anyone else but I believe the guy who posted it on the MLB Major League Baseball board.  It was subsequently deleted.

Most people don't use a message board in a manner that deliberately angers the members and brings attention to himself.  If the moderator doesn't nip it in the bud before he has the chance to shake down the board, you lose it.