• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels.com message board shut down?

32 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If Sosh had a much more manageable contract, I guarantee he wouldn't still be with the team. 20-30 million of dead money for a player is bad enough, but for a manager, it's just absurd.

And please don't lump me in with the Scioscia "haters". I defend the guy more than not. I believe he's a HOF manager.

It is absurd to believe that Moreno would not pull the plug to get rid of anyone he didn't think wasn't in the Angels best interest to keep when in the big picture the money is minimal. Scioscia's contract is not what is keeping him on the team.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Well, I don't scapegoat Scioscia. I don't like him, but it's not his fault this team is bad. I do want a new manager, but that's because I think this team needs a change.

The good news for you is they have a change.  That change is the players.  How many players were here 3 years ago?  They've turned over probably about 70% of the roster the last few seasons, so it isn't like it is one of those things where his message has grown old on the players.  

Except Scioscia isn't just about small ball, that is what an irrational hater will see, but it is far from the truth.  What that team was known for was aggressive baserunning, hit and run, going first to third and forcing the defense to make plays.  But you think it is about bunting, so I guess all that other stuff that happened didn't really happen.  Haters are great at revisionist history. 

On June 10, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Just for the record, if a person ponders killing themselves over what anyone posted or directed to you on a message board, you have bigger issues. 

Also FTR, I will not shut this website down if any of you decide to off yourself. 

POTY candidate.

Right now Scioscia is fine.  Why eat his contract in a season marred by injuries and looking lost?  He seems at his best in these situations.  The team does seem to battle.. come from behind victories.   If the team has any long term planning ability, now is a good time to begin thinking about the post Scioscia era.   Come up with some good names for his eventual replacement when his contract expires, or continue him on a year to year basis after it expires.   This, like other facets of team operation should have some advance planning and strategy. 

Wish AG posted here.  I thought his best contributions on the old board were of interest. 

The reason you just can't count them is that you are too pig headed to try because you would not like the result. 

Jeff Fletcher did the leg work for you and it disproves what you say. 

6 minutes ago, shine said:

Angel fans have watched his stupid style of aggressive running for years .Manufacturing outs. You got to love his contact play.  I can't count the number of players thrown out at home. Scioscia fans have an excuse for him every year. 

6 minutes ago, shine said:

I saw that article by Jeff Fletcher, to bad he had no facts to back up his story. Another Scioscia apologist

I edited your post mainly because Jeff deserves a little bit more respect than that.  Jeff is an active member of our board, something that we value.  If you have an issue with the edit please feel free to talk to @Chuckster70.  

15 minutes ago, shine said:

I saw that article by Jeff Fletcher, to bad he had no facts to back up his story. Another Scioscia Apologist.  

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/play-709926-contact-angels.html

In 56 of those spots last year, the Angels produced 47 runs and made six outs at the plate. That’s .107 outs at the plate and .839 runs per plate appearance.

All other major league teams made .084 outs at the plate and produced .654 runs per plate appearance in those situations.

So it has stats, are stats close enough as facts for you shine?  My guess is since they don't prove what you believe you will say no.  

1 hour ago, shine said:

I saw that article by Jeff Fletcher, to bad he had no facts to back up his story. Another Scioscia Apologist.

What? It was entirely about statistical facts while you are entirely full of...

By the way Fletcher is not an Angels fan in any way so his views on Scioscia are not through rose colored glasses or in your case...well, enough said about that.

OK, this thread has run its course. I'm locking it up. Feel free to agree to disagree gents on Scioscia. 

As far as the MLB board refugees, welcome to AngelsWin.com. But like Jim Rome once said, have a take and don't suck. 

• Chuck locked this topic