• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Live Tim Lincecum Info & Scouting.

Chuck

Yeah, the first inning he struggled with command... I think it was mostly jitters and the mound was awfully slippery. Struck out 5 after that and gave up just one run, which was a leadoff single on a bloop hit, proceeded by a SB, productive out to 3B, then a sac fly. The next three innings he looked better and better. His change and breaking ball was sharp. FB was sitting at 90. That's not bad considering his arm strength is not totally there yet. 

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

He looks like the 'chick' in a lezbo relationship.  Like he sits shot gun in the subaru while the one with the crew cut is behind the wheel.  

Lol. Got the visual on this and agree

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

He looks like the 'chick' in a lezbo relationship.  Like he sits shot gun in the subaru while the one with the crew cut is behind the wheel.  

Yeah, but he's OUR chick in a lezbo relationship. :)

I'll take sitting on 88-90 and hitting 91.  With his delivery and assortment of pitches, that's all he really needs.

Does he truly only need one more AAA start before debuting with the MLB Halos?   95 pitches next outing, and then limit of 100 in his Halos debut? 

Don't we though also have to account for normal ST dead arm period, since this is essentially his ST?  

10 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Tim_Lincecum_Salt_Lake_cqvh5i0h_jl3v2o8m

From milb.com

Stride looks good

Exception is landing on his heal which forces him to push the ball...And also forces the ball to stay up...The only way to get it down is to then over compensate with the arm, shoulder and elbow to force it back down into the zone..(we used to call it hitting a speed bump) cause it actually breaks the fluidity of the motion and mechanics going forward to projecting yourself to home plate.  At this point the front shoulder will leak and the throwing arm will drop (once again ending with a flat curve, slider (spinner/Frisbee effect) flattens fastballs and elevates change ups).. But, what do I know?.... 

36 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'll take sitting on 88-90 and hitting 91.  With his delivery and assortment of pitches, that's all he really needs.

Does he truly only need one more AAA start before debuting with the MLB Halos?   95 pitches next outing, and then limit of 100 in his Halos debut? 

Don't we though also have to account for normal ST dead arm period, since this is essentially his ST?  

Unless he needs to work on command of his offspeed pitches and fastball, yes. In his next start he'll be given the opportunity to throw nearly 100 pitches. This is all a result of his side sessions and simulated games in Arizona.

He's been working hard. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Unless he needs to work on command of his offspeed pitches and fastball, yes. In his next start he'll be given the opportunity to throw nearly 100 pitches. This is all a result of his side sessions and simulated games in Arizona.

He's been working hard. 

I'm so excited to have Timmay here Chuck!!!!  If he is even remotely close to average to a tick above its a great acquisition! When your staff is racked by injuries sometimes it's bringing in one guy that has been there and knows what he needs to do can jump start an entire staff. It even happens with Vets sometimes you get stagnant in your approach... 

Totally agree @SlappyUtilityMIF

I mean, let's say Richards and Heaney do not come back until late next year or even 2018. I think it would behoove the Angels to sign Lincecum and Chacin to a 1-year (or more) extension for next year if they continue to pitch well.

If Shoemaker continues his success, he can totally replace Richards in the rotation, as weird as that may seem. Chacin or even Skaggs (down the road) can replace Heaney... It's then up to Tropeano to keep it up (I like what I've seen so far). Weaver is done after this season, so is C.J. Wilson, so the Angels need to make sure they hold on to these guys. I think one of McGowin or N. Smith can be a serviceable 5th starter next season.

I'd like to trade Santiago for prospects at or before the deadline, so I'm hoping he turns the corner. We should be able to get a nice little haul if he pitches like he did early on in the season until late July being that he's signed through next year. That said, if we cannot get anything for him of value, keep him and he can be a decent #4 guy next season. 

11 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Tim_Lincecum_Salt_Lake_cqvh5i0h_jl3v2o8m

From milb.com

Stride looks good

23 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Exception is landing on his heal which forces him to push the ball...And also forces the ball to stay up...The only way to get it down is to then over compensate with the arm, shoulder and elbow to force it back down into the zone..(we used to call it hitting a speed bump) cause it actually breaks the fluidity of the motion and mechanics going forward to projecting yourself to home plate.  At this point the front shoulder will leak and the throwing arm will drop (once again ending with a flat curve, slider (spinner/Frisbee effect) flattens fastballs and elevates change ups).. But, what do I know?.... 

Looks like Lincecum pre-surgery to me.

54cab70af2e4f_-_freak_physics_1010-md.jp

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Totally agree @SlappyUtilityMIF

I mean, let's say Richards and Heaney do not come back until late next year or even 2018. I think it would behoove the Angels to sign Lincecum and Chacin to a 1-year (or more) extension for next year if they continue to pitch well.

If Shoemaker continues his success, he can totally replace Richards in the rotation, as weird as that may seem. Chacin or even Skaggs (down the road) can replace Heaney... It's then up to Tropeano to keep it up (I like what I've seen so far). Weaver is done after this season, so is C.J. Wilson, so the Angels need to make sure they hold on to these guys. I think one of McGowin or N. Smith can be a serviceable 5th start next season.

I'd like to trade Santiago for prospects at or before the deadline, so I'm hoping he turns the corner. We should be able to get a nice little haul if he pitches like he did early on in the season until late July being that he's signed through next year. That said, if we cannot get anything for him of value, keep him and he can be a decent #4 guy next season. 

Chuck I agree with pretty much everything you've stated above.

If Timmay comes back and does well. I would have no issue with giving him a 2-3 year deal with escalators and bonuses. I'm almost sold on Chacin at this point he's been pretty solid and at 28 years of age I might drop him a multi year deal as well even today (at current ability and outcome and the future) of course it would be below/at market on a 3-4 year deal with escalators and bonuses. 

8 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Looks like Lincecum pre-surgery to me.

54cab70af2e4f_-_freak_physics_1010-md.jp

Which could be why he was having some issues the last few years with command and leaving the ball up and getting hammered?... It happens even in video when your going over your motion and its pointed out sometimes its hard to adjust even for pros. Now this could also have some direct issues with the hip and if you look at each photo that is posted the arm is low and dragging behind the body. Which would also show a dip from over the top to 3/4's release point to almost a side arm flip extension of when you see a right handed pitcher almost force a slider or curveball away from a right handed hitter to the outside corner to off the plate.

ideally, you would want your shoulders square when you are going to home plate....

Apologies, long time pitcher. Was mentored by some pretty good arms.. back in the Day~   ;-)