• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout Trade Talk has officially begun (by fans of other teams)

You know the season is over when...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/05/mlbtr-originals-133.html

"

• Mark Polishuk polled readers on whether the Angels should consider trading superstar center fielder Mike Trout. The results are fairly close as of now, with over 52 percent of voters supporting the notion. Given that the Angels are highly unlikely to contend this year and might have baseball’s worst farm system, the idea of the team dealing Trout for a massive haul has gained steam lately. It’s unsurprisingly a polarizing issue, however.

"

depth.jpg

Edited by Geoff

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It would be about 80-20 in favor of keeping him.  

Trout will stay as long as he wants to stay. If he's traded, it will be at his request and not forced on him. Fans should cheer his greatness but don't get too emotionally attached because he may choose to leave someday. A guy like Trout doesn't get traded against his will.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The only way this is at all a serious consideration is if a team like the Dodgers, with a loaded farm system and one true grade A prospect, say "take any five prospects." You really need a true gold-chipper like Urias in there, plus two or three grade B+/A- prospects, and a couple more solid grade B-/B prospects.

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The only way this is at all a serious consideration is if a team like the Dodgers, with a loaded farm system and one true grade A prospect, say "take any five prospects." You really need a true gold-chipper like Urias in there, plus two or three grade B+/A- prospects, and a couple more solid grade B-/B prospects.

It would be akin to Ruth traded to their nemesis the Yankees. The Angels would never live it down.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Ruth was sold, not traded. But yeah, I hear you. I don't want it to happen, but if the Dodgers offered Urias, De Leon, Verdugo, Holmes, and Diaz, you'd have to take it seriously.

I'm thinking that if Trout is dealt it's because he wants to get out of town. The Dodgers probably won't be an option for Trout.

You can make an argument for trading Trout because one player can't carry a baseball team, no matter how great a player he is.

The same argument prevents you from trading away a bunch of players in return for Trout.

I still find the idea of trading a 24 year old generational superstar, who is under team control for a reasonable (for him) amount, for the sake of "rebuilding" the franchise kind of laughable.

You rebuild the team around him. Trade Street, Smith, hell even Kole before you even entertain the idea of trading Trout. I don't think this team is as bad as people here think it is, but at the very least you could build a younger "contender" team by 2018.

This entire discussion is 3 years premature at least.  

Again, if this becomes relevant at any point, I not only want the teams top three prospects but 2 or 3 of their best young players at the major league level.  Guys who have maybe 1 or 2 years under their belt.  

The reason being is that there isn't a farm system that could provide enough talent in return to make it worth it.  Prospects are just too damn risky.  I need that risk mitigated to some degree.  Then it gives you additional flexibility to flip those young players to other teams so you expand your access to other teams talent pools.  

You are asking for trouble if you think one farm system is going to make you whole on this trade.  So if it were the dogs for instance, I not only want Urias and Deleon, but Seager and Pederson as well.  

If you want a generational talent on your team, it's gonna hurt.  You aren't getting away with just pulling from your farm system.  You are gonna have to subtract from your major league club as well.  

22 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I still find the idea of trading a 24 year old generational superstar, who is under team control for a reasonable (for him) amount, for the sake of "rebuilding" the franchise kind of laughable.

You rebuild the team around him. Trade Street, Smith, hell even Kole before you even entertain the idea of trading Trout. I don't think this team is as bad as people here think it is, but at the very least you could build a younger "contender" team by 2018.

Holy Duran Duran John Taylor, his team is as bad as we think.