• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm getting irritated with Hamilton

I have watched a lot of the Angels games on MLB.tv and his lack of power seems a bit strange as well as his swing and miss rate which has always been high but is very high so far. Hamilton will likely still get 25 of so HRs this year but An OPS under .800 going forward would no be suprising as well as 130 games played at best per season. he is on the downturn part of his career and maybe its the numerous injuries or the controversial previous drug abuse issue but he will not be an elite COF anymore...

Basically the same thing that happened to Pujols last year. Big contract with a new team, big expectations, trying to earn it all on every trip to the plate, and pitchers are taking advantage.

With Hamilton I think the problem is largely mental - he's pressing, adjusting to a new team, expectations (including his own), etc.

Not to be either snarky or verbose, Hamilton's at bats are a horror to watch. Scioscia's insistence on leaving in the middle of the order to kill any offensive momentum is just as bad.  

You obviously do not have much experience in coaching or managing a team.   Confidence is huge and a good manager tries to build confidence instead of destroying it by demoting a player.

Uh nice try, but Hamilton has been like this before and he has gone through long slump stretches (prior to the second half last year). LOL that they "finally" got a book on Hamilton and it took them several years to figure him out. You cannot be serious. Slumping hitters look like crap at the plate. Good hitters find their way out of a slump eventually. Hamilton is a good hitter. 

Ok. We'll see how it works out. :)

You guys just don't realize fully how dumb he is yet. He's always said that he never watches tape and never has a game plan at the plate as though he's proud of it. As Rangers fans, we suspect the reason it turned for him last year was that after the 4 HR game opposing pitchers were just completely afraid to throw him a strike at all. ...they weren't nibbling the corners any more, they just outright pitched around him. To their surprise, he started flailing at everything way out of the zone and turned himself into an easy out.

Since then, the league has gradually learned. I was getting mad when the Rangers faced him when a Rangers pitcher would throw him a strike. You throw him four wide ones you'll get yourself a nice K or a dribbler. You throw him a strike, he may well hit it hard. ...but there is never any reason to throw a strike. So watch how people pitch him whenever it's an important situation. I think that the only time he's getting hits right now is when someone is aiming 6 inches low and away and accidently throws it on the corner.

I am more worried about his weight loss.

Losing 20 lbs when he wasn't overweight usually points to one thing.

He probably feels like he got his big payday and now he doesn't need the extra performance enhancement any more.

His ISO is way down and his flyball rate isn't much off from his norms.

You obviously do not have much experience in coaching or managing a team.   Confidence is huge and a good manager tries to build confidence instead of destroying it by demoting a player.

I had my time coaching in little league and building confidence is for kids and minor leaguers. This is a man who has been through it all and had the confidence to sign a $125 million dolar contract. He has to perform like a professional or move down the batting order.