• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver is 3-0

Glen

Haha. Wins.

Obviously he has done better than any of us expected but it would be unwise to get carrying away. There are still very significant warning signs and if not for some bigtime offensive support the mood about his start today would be very different.

This would be awesome if we didn't have Shoemaker also in the rotation right now. Heaney sounds like a huge question mark going forward.

We have a lot of starters better than Shoemaker - Richards, Santiago, Tropeano, Nate Smith and Skaggs and Heaney when they return...probably Weaver too. One would like to think Shoe won't be in the rotation for much longer.

Weaver wants to thank all the flame throwers in the league for conditioning batters to 90-100 mph fastballs, and assorted other heat.  Now hitters can't handle a 83 mph fastball, and slower pitches, delivered by a continually pissed off pitcher.  Probably when all the flame throwers have burned up their arms, Weaver will still be plugging along and making millions.

Hats off to the guy for holding it together, 7 of the 9 hits he gave up in 6ip were for extra bases.  A boatload of hard hit balls.  11 total baserunners.  We won the game so that's the most important thing, but if anyone thinks that he's gonna have any level of sustained success pitching like that, they are in for some serious disappointment.  Don't get me wrong, I love that we have gotten enough out of Weave to help the team win 3 of the 4 games he's pitched in, but he's on borrowed time. Tip of the cap though.  

He outwilled his opponent last night. My imagination tells me If he had Volquez stuff he'd have juiced-up Clemens numbers. Reality tells me every start will be a battle of wills over stuff. Win some lose some.

I'm never one to doubt Weaver's spirit but that's a bit of a misrepresentation. The Royals hit the crap out of him yet he somehow only gave up four runs (which in 6 IP is the equivalent of an ERA of 6) yet we won because the offense scored a pile of runs.

That's great.  I don't expect it to continue.

Worst xFIP in MLB (out of 102).

Your post inspired me to check that out. Pretty funny saying Latos as the 10th worst when he has a 0.74 ERA. Small sample size baseball can be really fun.

Weaver got the win, that is the absolute most you can say about yesterday. He pitched poorly, but we won. This is a game where if we are being honest Volquez lost the game much more than Weaver won it. First time this season where we out-slugged a team.