• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Under what scenario will Scioscia be dismissed

ghoetke

Like last year, this one is a failure too, so far.  There's no energy or purpose to their game at all, that I see. Jiminez is the one bright spot.  When will have Arte seen enough to pull the plug or will he ride it out come what may.

Wow, what a surprise, another fires Scioscia thread.

What I think would be awesome is that anyone who pushes this notion that Scioscia is going to be fired at this point...let us know who is going to replace him?

Rob Piccolo? Dino Ebel? Alfredo Griffen?

It's not like there's a long term replacement waiting in the wings - LaRussa ain't coming out of retirement for this roster mess. If you think Scioscia is the problem than just swapping him out for his bench coach isn't a real solution, and you don't throw an interim tag on a manager at this point in the season unless you are throwing in the towel anyways, especially since they are still a contender (which the are, even with Dipoto's crappy roster). 

So, before you toss this idea out there, enlighten folks on who would actually be the replacement.

Agreed, who is going to replace him that would do better.  Especially since replacing Scioscia would cost Morena 25 million in buy out.

Agreed, who is going to replace him that would do better.  Especially since replacing Scioscia would cost Morena 25 million in buy out.

The first sentence is a valid question to which I don't have an answer. The second is a very important point. In order to eat that much money to replace someone who directly produces nothing on the field, one would have to be very sure that he is the main cause of the team's problems. While I am as puzzled as the rest of you about some of Scioscia's decisions, the question remains as to who is both better and available. If I knew that replacing the manager would markedly improve this team, I would be 100 percent behind it. I am not that confident that a change in manager would help that much, especially considering that most of the managers who might be considered better are either currently employed or retired.

I think you described the Dodgers when Scioscia was their AAA manager.

Sanberg was the PCL manager of the year and yet the Cubs went with Quade who has has a miserable record as a manager. Sanberg is now the third base coach for Phillies.

Yeah, let's hire someone who can't get promoted in an under achieving organization like the Cubs.

Scioscia didn't build this  team and at the end of the day it's the players who have to perform. I'm sure this has been brought up a lot but he has a WS ring and 5 division championships in 10 years. I'll continue to take my chances with him.

In many instances I would jump on the "fire the manager bandwagon" if you can see it in the players that they don't have confidence in their leadership. I don't think that could be further from the truth with Scioscia. If you start to hear noise and controversy coming out of the clubhouse then you know there are issues but you never hear that from a scioscia managed team. Players believe in him and vice versa.

This team has to gel and hopefully they will start to do that soon. Once they do that they will be fine. If I can blame anyone for the slow start I would blame Dipoto. This team does not look like a playoff contender when you look at the pitching staff but somehow they will have to figure it out like we did in 2002.

I have confidence we will figure it out. this team is very capable of going on a long winning streak.

It's been 11 years, this just can't be used in any argument for anything relative to 2013.

This same question is asked by the apologists over and over....who else would you want?

There is nobody out there!

I have been answering with Ryne Sandberg for 3 years now.

These people ask the question, but they really DON'T want an answer...

They just want to keep asking the question. They want to keep Scioscia. They want to make the same excuses for the poor play, and they REALLY don't want to hear an answer.

I picture them running around with their ears covered, not really wanting to hear any answer to the question they are only pretending to ask.

Scioscia sucks.

It is high time for a whole lot of so called Angel fans to get a clue and figure it out.

"This same question is asked by the apologists over and over....who else would you want?

They just want to keep asking the question. They want to keep Scioscia. They want to make the same excuses for the poor play, and they REALLY don't want to hear an answer.

I picture them running around with their ears covered, not really wanting to hear any answer to the question they are only pretending to ask.

Scioscia sucks.

It is high time for a whole lot of so called Angel fans to get a clue and figure it out."

I have a clue, Ryne Sandberg is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now.  At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument.

I have a clue, Ryne Sandberg is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now.  At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument.

"I have a clue, Mike Scioscia is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument." -1999/2000 offseason

"I have a clue, Robin Ventura is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument." - 2011/2012 offseason

"I have a clue, Mike Matheny is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument." -2011/2012 offseason

---

I'm not even necessarily the biggest proponent of Sandberg for the job, but the fact that he doesn't have a job as a manager elsewhere really isn't a good argument against him.

"This same question is asked by the apologists over and over....who else would you want?

Scioscia sucks.

It is high time for a whole lot of so called Angel fans to get a clue and figure it out."

LOL at you judging Sandberg to be not qualified.  

"I have a clue, Mike Scioscia is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument." -1999/2000 offseason

"I have a clue, Robin Ventura is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument." - 2011/2012 offseason

"I have a clue, Mike Matheny is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument." -2011/2012 offseason

---

I'm not even necessarily the biggest proponent of Sandberg for the job, but the fact that he doesn't have a job as a manager elsewhere really isn't a good argument against him.

"I have a clue, Walt Weiss is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now. At least try to think of someone who is qualified. It might help your argument."-2012/2013 offseason

Scioscia didn't build this  team and at the end of the day it's the players who have to perform. I'm sure this has been brought up a lot but he has a WS ring and 5 division championships in 10 years. I'll continue to take my chances with him.

In many instances I would jump on the "fire the manager bandwagon" if you can see it in the players that they don't have confidence in their leadership. I don't think that could be further from the truth with Scioscia. If you start to hear noise and controversy coming out of the clubhouse then you know there are issues but you never hear that from a scioscia managed team. Players believe in him and vice versa.

This team has to gel and hopefully they will start to do that soon. Once they do that they will be fine. If I can blame anyone for the slow start I would blame Dipoto. This team does not look like a playoff contender when you look at the pitching staff but somehow they will have to figure it out like we did in 2002.

I have confidence we will figure it out. this team is very capable of going on a long winning streak.

Players will always have the back of a player friendly coach/manager.

I know it's the NFL but everyone had Andy Reid's back last season as the Eagles went up in complete flames.  So just because the team still has his back doesn't mean he doesn't need or shouldn't be fired.  If they love him so much they better go out and start playing much better baseball then.

In fact just typing that made me realize that Scioscia has become the Andy Reid of Baseball.  Has the team just good enough to think that their "so close" every year and cons everyone to think next season but time and time again can't get his team to deliver.