• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's behind Mike Trout's early struggles?

Chuck

Trout is under a lot of pressure. The expectations alone must be heavy on him. Bryce Harper's enormous success is no doubt on his mind. It has to be eating at him that he's struggling. I think he's trying to push himself to hard.

There's no doubt in my mind that Trout doesn't give one rip about what Harper is doing in relation to him.

Welcome.

This website might be the only thing that keeps this season tolerable.

And really, IMO the truth is..even if Trout were batting .355 with 8 hrs and 15 RBI

The W-L record would be pretty much the same.

If you believe that you haven't been watching the games. Outside of Cubs they haven't been blown out. Had Trout played to his normal this team would have at least three more wins.

Trout was awful over a 5 week stretch late in the summer last season and still finished with great totals.

Claude...

Bryce Harper didn't have shit batting behind him last season and had a career year.

You cannot blame Pujols for Trout's slump here.

Welcome.

This website might be the only thing that keeps this season tolerable.

And really, IMO the truth is..even if Trout were batting .355 with 8 hrs and 15 RBI

The W-L record would be pretty much the same.

I doubt that, we have had too many close loses where Trout went 0-4 with a couple Ks. A HR here or there and we win those games. Trout is 0 for the season with RISP. How Trout goes so goes the offense/team.

nice game for Trout today.

But I still feel something spoiled what could have been a much cooler Trout. I want the Trout from the first 2 full seasons - the 30/30 guy who was also the fastest player in the game, and an insane on-base machine. A reincarnation of Ricky Henderson with more power. 

Now we just have a really good slugger, who is also prone to a lot of strikeouts and an on-base thats lower than the first 2 seasons. While he's amazing now, he doesn't transcend the game like he used to. 

nice game for Trout today.

But I still feel something spoiled what could have been a much cooler Trout. I want the Trout from the first 2 full seasons - the 30/30 guy who was also the fastest player in the game, and an insane on-base machine. A reincarnation of Ricky Henderson with more power.

Now we just have a really good slugger, who is also prone to a lot of strikeouts and an on-base thats lower than the first 2 seasons. While he's amazing now, he doesn't transcend the game like he used to.

Mike Trout is a great modern day player but he is not Mantle, Henderson or the masher Pujols was in his early St Louis years. Many people including myself will argue that Trout is no longer the best hitter in baseball. There are several reasons I've cited before. Trout plays in a pitchers ballpark and plays in a very weak lineup. He seems to press a lot and try to force the issue. He was a better hitter two years ago. A .330 / 35hrs / 115rbi / 1.000ops type Trout would be great.

Mike Trout is a great modern day player but he is not Mantle, Henderson or the masher Pujols was in his early St Louis years. Many people including myself will argue that Trout is no longer the best hitter in baseball. There are several reasons I've cited before. Trout plays in a pitchers ballpark and plays in a very weak lineup. He seems to press a lot and try to force the issue. He was a better hitter two years ago. A .330 / 35hrs / 115rbi / 1.000ops type Trout would be great.

Nope.  That is one thing he has never done.