• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Halo in AAA - .467/.556/.733/1.289

Lou

4 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Any Freese update? Maybe Grichuk too?

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Freese has been as good as Escobar. Slightly better defensively. Grichuk has regressed significantly.

Who cares about those irrelevant carcasses?  We're talking Halo history here.

and Freese hasn't been as good as Escobar 

Edited by Lou

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Whether Freese is better or mon is kind of irrelevant because we needed a lead off hitter and Escobar is pretty damn good at that. 

and compared to what Frees gave us last year in the first 2 months of the season,  Escobar is light years better 

But how about that Feather?!!!

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Another former Halo doing well in the minors...

.326/.418/.478/.896

Ji-Man! 

I still think Ji-Man has some potential....if Cron remains as inconsistent as he's been, nice to have another option....As for Featherston, maybe he does have some big league potential and it was certainly a boo boo to DFA him when it turned out we didn't need the roster spot after all....but for right now, I'd rather have Petit or Pennington at SS....

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Whether Freese is better or not is kind of irrelevant because we needed a lead off hitter and Escobar is pretty damn good at that. 

Other than Freese has a higher OBP this year. I am happy with Escobar, I would have liked to sign Freese as well though. He ended up signing a cheap contract.

Another thing to consider with Ji-Man is he missed so much time last year, so not only was he getting a taste of game action for the first time in a while, he was doing it at the major league level. Really glad they were able to keep him, and I think if he keeps it up in SLC, we'll see him again later this year. He's still only 24 or 25. 

I would have liked to keep Featherston, but I understood the move at the time, and I'm not devastated that he's gone. His purpose in '15 was specific - back-up SS and IF, and if we were able to keep him for the long-term, great. At the time Friedrich looked like a great arm to roll the dice on, and Pennington had effectively replaced Featherston in the short-term, and long-term Eppler felt they could improve upon Taylor. 

• 3 weeks later...